There are schools offering beauty programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Alabama
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a beauty program is Alabama State College of Barber Styling. Alabama State College of Barber Styling, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Gardendale. 11 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Alabama State College of Barber Styling in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a beauty program is Blue Cliff Career College. Blue Cliff Career College, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. In 2010, Blue Cliff Career College graduated 116 students from its beauty program.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a beauty program is Southeastern School of Cosmetology, which is located in Birmingham. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, Southeastern School of Cosmetology graduated 28 students from its beauty programs. The tuition rate at Southeastern School of Cosmetology was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama beauty school, average tuition will be $3,292 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,308 per year to $12,300 per year. The Alabama beauty schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Virginia College-Huntsville - located in Huntsville, students are charged $12,300 per year
- Virginia College-Montgomery - located in Montgomery, students are charged $12,100 per year
- Lawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,570 per year
The beauty schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- J F Ingram State Technical College - located in Deatsville, students are charged $1,308 per year
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Central Alabama Community College - located in Alexander City, students are charged $3,270 per year
A beauty certificate from an Alabama school... what next?
beauty graduates in Alabama can go into a variety of professions such as barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. If you decide to work as a beauty professional in Alabama, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 7,010 Alabama beauty professional as of 2010. This number includes 3,250 hairdressers, barbers, and 200 estheticians. In Alabama, the largest numbers of beauty professional work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 1,360 beauty professionals
- Limestone County - 850 beauty professionals
- Mobile County - 790 beauty professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of beauty professionals in the state of Alabama will grow to 15,770. This would require a 18% growth in the field.
beauty professionals in Alabama make an average of $30,894 per year. In 2010, however, some Alabama beauty professional earned as little as less than $15,370 per year or as much as more than $75,340 per year. Beauty professionals in the following Alabama counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Autauga County - $40,990 per year
- Limestone County - $34,927 per year
- Bibb County - $34,615 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for beauty professionals are:
- Lawrence County - $23,995 per year
- Cullman County - $24,315 per year
- Bullock County - $24,465 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in Alabama were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $46,160 per year
- Salon Manager - $32,800 per year
- Esthetician - $27,270 per year
The beauty professionals with lowest average salaries in Alabama were:
- Hairdresser - $24,210 per year
- Barber - $24,030 per year
For more data regarding a career in beauty in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Alabama
- Certificate in Beauty in Alabama
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||3,250||$24,210||7.3%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,910||$46,160||30.8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||1,650||$32,800||1.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Alabama