There are schools offering communications degreess in Alabama!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Alabama
Each year, approximately 1.1% of Alabama graduates receive degrees in communications. In other words, every year an estimated 1,643 communications professionals graduate from Alabama's 18 communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a communications program is Auburn University. Auburn University, which was ranked 25th in the country in 2010, is located in Auburn University. In 2010, Auburn University graduated 85 students from its communications program. Tuition at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a communications program is Spring Hill College. Spring Hill College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. 22 students graduated with degree in communications from Spring Hill College in 2010. Tuition at Spring Hill College was $26,730 per year.
Huntingdon College, which is located in Montgomery, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Huntingdon College communications program. The tuition rate at Huntingdon College was $20,990 per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama communications school, average tuition will be $10,235 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,270 per year to $26,730 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- Huntingdon College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $20,990 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Gadsden State Community College - located in Gadsden, students are charged $3,270 per year
- University of North Alabama - located in Florence, students are charged $5,426 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
For more data regarding a career in communications in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Communications in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Alabama
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,560||$44,780||-26.8%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||660||$29,700||-16.5%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||520||$22,730||13.0%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||490||$32,170||-38.0%|
|Writers and Authors||190||$57,920||-51.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Alabama