There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Alabama!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Alabama
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Tennessee
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Mississippi
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Arkansas
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in South Carolina
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Georgia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Louisiana
- See All Schools in Alabama
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Alabama students graduate with degrees in early childhood education. Thus, Alabama's 15 early childhood education schools put out approximately 334 early childhood education professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Alabama with a early childhood education program is Auburn University, which is located in Auburn University. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. In 2010, 66 students graduated from Auburn University's early childhood education program. Auburn University charged in-state students $7,900 in tuition fees per year.
Spring Hill College, which is located in Mobile, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Spring Hill College early childhood education program. Spring Hill College charged in-state students $26,730 in tuition fees per year.
Alabama A & M University, which is located in Normal, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 51st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Alabama A & M University graduated 7 students from its early childhood education programs. Students at Alabama A & M University paid $5,800 per year in tuition fees.
Early childhood education schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $8,399 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,730 per year, or as little as $5,424 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama early childhood education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- University of Mobile - located in Eight Mile, students are charged $16,120 per year
- Miles College - located in Fairfield, students are charged $9,896 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Jacksonville State University - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $5,424 per year
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
- Alabama A & M University - located in Normal, students are charged $5,800 per year
An early childhood education degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director are the professions of choice for a majority of early childhood education graduates in Alabama. 27,660 early childhood education professionals were working in Alabama in 2010. Of these, 1,920 were preschool teachers. In addition, 3,520 were kindergarten teachers, and 21,860 were elementary school teachers. The largest populations of Alabama early childhood education professional are working in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 5,880 early childhood education professionals
- Limestone County - 2,650 early childhood education professionals
- Chambers County - 2,570 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Alabama will grow to 30,810. This would require a 15% growth in the field.
early childhood education professionals in Alabama make an average of $42,835 per year. However, this number is only an average. Early childhood education professional in Alabama had varying salaries from $15,370 to $101,990 per year in 2010. Early childhood education professionals in the following Alabama counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Cullman County - $49,350 per year
- Calhoun County - $47,930 per year
- Mobile County - $46,460 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Colbert County - $37,150 per year
- Chambers County - $37,745 per year
- Geneva County - $38,337 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Alabama were:
- Preschool Director - $48,860 per year
- Elementary School Teacher - $47,840 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $47,720 per year
On average, the lowest paid early childhood education professionals in Alabama were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $47,720 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $26,920 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in early childhood education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Early Childhood Education in Alabama
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,987 miles from location||Troy University||Troy||AL||29.8792||73%||29,328|
|6,083 miles from location||The University of Alabama||Tuscaloosa||AL||39.7481||46%||28,699|
|5,962 miles from location||Auburn University||Auburn University||AL||74.9047||33%||24,602|
|6,040 miles from location||University of Alabama at Birmingham||Birmingham||AL||27.7966||41%||16,874|
|6,116 miles from location||University of South Alabama||Mobile||AL||26.3802||51%||14,522|
|5,981 miles from location||Jacksonville State University||Jacksonville||AL||24.1544||49%||9,351|
|6,009 miles from location||Alabama State University||Montgomery||AL||19.3684||35%||5,564|
|6,030 miles from location||Alabama A & M University||Normal||AL||49.4926||39%||5,327|
|6,056 miles from location||University of West Alabama||Livingston||AL||24.0532||68%||5,157|
|6,053 miles from location||Athens State University||Athens||AL||1.14105||n/a||3,511|
|6,043 miles from location||University of Montevallo||Montevallo||AL||26.9152||49%||3,044|
|6,047 miles from location||Miles College||Fairfield||AL||12.7338||n/a||1,791|
|6,115 miles from location||University of Mobile||Eight Mile||AL||28.1841||37%||1,570|
|6,114 miles from location||Spring Hill College||Mobile||AL||61.1687||15%||1,521|
|6,051 miles from location||Concordia College-Selma||Selma||AL||8.92613||n/a||568|
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education +||21,860||$47,840||14.6%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education +||3,520||$47,720||12.5%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education +||1,920||$26,920||-47.3%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program +||360||$48,860||-37.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Alabama