There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Alabama!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Alabama
The top-ranked school in Alabama with a graphic design program is Spring Hill College, which is located in Mobile. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. 1 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Spring Hill College in 2010. The tuition rate at Spring Hill College was $26,730 per year.
Samford University, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a graphic design program. It is located in Birmingham. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Samford University graphic design program. Samford University charged in-state students $21,942 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a graphic design program is Virginia College-Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. Virginia College-Birmingham charged in-state students $16,500 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Alabama's graphic design schools ranges from $26,730 per year to $3,270 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,512 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama graphic design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Spring Hill College - located in Mobile, students are charged $26,730 per year
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- Virginia College-Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $16,500 per year
The graphic design schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Bishop State Community College - located in Mobile, students are charged $3,270 per year
- H Councill Trenholm State Technical College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Lawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,570 per year
A graphic design degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Alabama go on to work as a graphic designer. Alabama had 1,740 graphic designers in 2010. In Alabama, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 650 graphic designers
- Limestone County - 330 graphic designers
- Autauga County - 140 graphic designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of graphic designers in the state of Alabama will grow to 3,030. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
A graphic designer in Alabama makes an average of $45,010 per year. However, this number is only an average. graphic designers in Alabama had varying salaries from $18,470 to $82,290 per year in 2010. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Alabama counties:
- Limestone County - $51,670 per year
- Bibb County - $51,320 per year
- Lee County - $46,640 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in Alabama make the lowest salaries on average:
- Geneva County - $30,940 per year
- Bullock County - $31,810 per year
- Greene County - $32,640 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Alabama
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Alabama
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Alabama