There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Alabama
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Tennessee
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Mississippi
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Arkansas
- Healthcare Administration Programs in South Carolina
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Georgia
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Louisiana
- See All Schools in Alabama
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Alabama graduates receive degrees in healthcare administration. That means an estimated 477 healthcare administrators graduate from Alabama's 12 healthcare administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Alabama that has a healthcare administration program is Auburn University. Auburn University, which was ranked 25th in the country in 2010, is located in Auburn University. 36 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from Auburn University in 2010. Auburn University charged in-state students $7,900 in tuition fees per year.
University of Alabama at Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. 51 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Alabama at Birmingham was $5,806 per year.
Virginia College-Birmingham, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Alabama that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Birmingham. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Virginia College-Birmingham healthcare administration program. Students at Virginia College-Birmingham paid $16,500 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Alabama healthcare administration school, average tuition will be $9,740 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,806 per year to $24,060 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama healthcare administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Tri-State Institute - located in Birmingham, students are charged $24,060 per year
- Virginia College-Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $16,500 per year
- South University-Montgomery - located in Montgomery, students are charged $15,285 per year
The healthcare administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- University of Alabama at Birmingham - located in Birmingham, students are charged $5,806 per year
- Auburn University - located in Auburn University, students are charged $7,900 per year
- University of Phoenix-Birmingham Campus - located in Birmingham, students are charged $11,040 per year
A healthcare administration degree from an Alabama school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Alabama go on to work as a healthcare administrator. Alabama had 2,160 healthcare administrators in 2010. In Alabama, the largest numbers of healthcare administrators work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 680 healthcare administrators
- Mobile County - 240 healthcare administrators
- Autauga County - 190 healthcare administrators
The government projects that the number of healthcare administrators in Alabama will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,930 healthcare administrators working in Alabama.
A healthcare administrator in Alabama makes an average of $89,420 per year. In 2010, however, some Alabama healthcare administrators earned as little as less than $38,690 per year or as much as more than $160,400 per year. The counties in Alabama with the highest average salary for a healthcare administrator are:
- Geneva County - $108,390 per year
- Mobile County - $103,030 per year
- Bibb County - $95,580 per year
The following counties in Alabama have the lowest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Cullman County - $75,040 per year
- Limestone County - $76,200 per year
- Chambers County - $76,300 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Alabama
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Alabama
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Alabama
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,012 miles from location||Community College of the Air Force||Montgomery||AL||0.0||n/a||n/a|
|6,035 miles from location||Strayer Alabama||Birmingham||AL||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|5,962 miles from location||Auburn University||Auburn University||AL||74.9047||33%||24,602|
|6,040 miles from location||University of Alabama at Birmingham||Birmingham||AL||27.7966||41%||16,874|
|6,080 miles from location||Columbia Southern University||Orange Beach||AL||9.16962||n/a||13,321|
|6,042 miles from location||Virginia College-Birmingham||Birmingham||AL||27.3402||100%||7,060|
|6,035 miles from location||Oakwood University||Huntsville||AL||23.3068||49%||1,916|
|6,032 miles from location||Virginia College-Huntsville||Huntsville||AL||25.0555||100%||934|
|6,004 miles from location||South University-Montgomery||Montgomery||AL||19.1957||74%||661|
|6,033 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Birmingham Campus||Birmingham||AL||3.34677||n/a||341|
|6,114 miles from location||Fortis College||Mobile||AL||21.1372||n/a||200|
|6,044 miles from location||Tri-State Institute||Birmingham||AL||n/a||n/a||155|
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||2,160||$89,420||-23.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Alabama