There are schools offering journalism degrees in Alabama!
Schools Offering Journalism Programs in Alabama
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Alabama with a journalism program is Auburn University, which is located in Auburn University. In 2010, it was ranked 25th nationwide. 45 students graduated with a degree in journalism from Auburn University in 2010. The tuition rate at Auburn University was $7,900 per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a journalism program is The University of Alabama. The University of Alabama, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Tuscaloosa. 78 students graduated with degree in journalism from The University of Alabama in 2010. The University of Alabama charged in-state students $7,900 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a journalism program is Samford University, which is located in Birmingham. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Samford University journalism program. Samford University charged in-state students $21,942 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama journalism school, average tuition will be $12,053 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,860 per year to $21,942 per year. In 2010, the journalism schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- Stillman College - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $14,464 per year
- Oakwood University - located in Huntsville, students are charged $14,250 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Alabama journalism schools were charged at the following schools:
- Troy University - located in Troy, students are charged $5,860 per year
- The University of Alabama - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $7,900 per year
- Auburn University - located in Auburn University, students are charged $7,900 per year
A journalism degree from an Alabama school... what next?
A large number of Alabama journalism graduates become journalists. 490 journalists were working in Alabama in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Alabama journalists:
- Bibb County - 120 journalists
- Autauga County - 70 journalists
- Baldwin County - 40 journalists
A journalist in Alabama earns $32,170 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Alabama journalists earned as little as less than $15,820 per year or as much as more than $68,130 per year. On average a journalist earns the most in the following Alabama counties:
- Autauga County - $36,800 per year
- Bibb County - $36,530 per year
- Baldwin County - $29,890 per year
A journalist in the following counties in Alabama make the lowest salaries on average:
- Chambers County - $25,710 per year
- Mobile County - $27,860 per year
- Baldwin County - $29,890 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in journalism. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as communications or journalism.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism in Alabama
- Master's Degree in Journalism in Alabama
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,987 miles from location||Troy University||Troy||AL||29.8792||73%||29,328|
|6,083 miles from location||The University of Alabama||Tuscaloosa||AL||39.7481||46%||28,699|
|5,962 miles from location||Auburn University||Auburn University||AL||74.9047||33%||24,602|
|6,040 miles from location||Samford University||Birmingham||AL||33.7139||38%||4,658|
|6,035 miles from location||Oakwood University||Huntsville||AL||23.3068||49%||1,916|
|6,085 miles from location||Stillman College||Tuscaloosa||AL||13.663||15%||1,041|
Curious what studying Journalism gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Reporters and Correspondents +||490||$32,170||-38.0%|
|Broadcast News Analysts +||140||$60,430||-6.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are journalism related jobs in Alabama