There are schools offering paralegal programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Alabama
Samford University, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a paralegal program. It is located in Birmingham. In 2010, Samford University graduated no students from its paralegal program. The tuition rate at Samford University was $21,942 per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama that has a paralegal program is Virginia College-Mobile. Virginia College-Mobile, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Mobile. In 2010, Virginia College-Mobile graduated 3 students from its paralegal program. The tuition rate at Virginia College-Mobile was $14,125 per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a paralegal program is Virginia College-Birmingham, which is located in Birmingham. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, 57 students graduated from Virginia College-Birmingham paralegal program. Tuition at Virginia College-Birmingham was $16,500 per year.
Tuition at Alabama's paralegal schools ranges from $21,942 per year to $3,052 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,858 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Bessemer - located in Bessemer, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Mobile - located in Mobile, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Alabama paralegal schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Enterprise State Community College - located in Enterprise, students are charged $3,052 per year
- Shelton State Community College - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Gadsden State Community College - located in Gadsden, students are charged $3,270 per year
A paralegal degree from an Alabama school... what next?
A large number of Alabama paralegal graduates become paralegals. Alabama had 2,360 paralegals in 2010. In Alabama, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 1,110 paralegals
- Autauga County - 310 paralegals
- Limestone County - 240 paralegals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,960 paralegals will be working in Alabama state. This would require the number of paralegals to grow by 17%.
A paralegal in Alabama earns $45,020 per year on average. However, Alabama paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,440 per year to more than $78,300 per year in 2010. The counties in Alabama with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Bibb County - $49,840 per year
- Mobile County - $49,000 per year
- Autauga County - $43,490 per year
The following counties in Alabama have the lowest average salaries for paralegals:
- Baldwin County - $31,260 per year
- Geneva County - $34,490 per year
- Greene County - $35,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Alabama
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Alabama
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||2,360||$45,020||24.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Alabama