There are schools offering personal training certifications in Alabama!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Alabama
Huntingdon College, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a personal training program. It is located in Montgomery. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Huntingdon College's personal training program. Tuition at Huntingdon College was $20,990 per year.
The second-ranked school in Alabama with a personal training program is The University of Alabama, which is located in Tuscaloosa. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 22 students graduated with degree in personal training from The University of Alabama in 2010. Tuition at The University of Alabama was $7,900 per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a personal training program is Samford University, which is located in Birmingham. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. 2 students graduated with degree in personal training from Samford University in 2010. Samford University charged in-state students $21,942 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Alabama personal training school, average tuition will be $13,223 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $5,860 per year to $21,942 per year. In 2010, the personal training schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Samford University - located in Birmingham, students are charged $21,942 per year
- Huntingdon College - located in Montgomery, students are charged $20,990 per year
- University of Mobile - located in Eight Mile, students are charged $16,120 per year
The personal training schools in Alabama that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Troy University - located in Troy, students are charged $5,860 per year
- University of West Alabama - located in Livingston, students are charged $6,524 per year
- The University of Alabama - located in Tuscaloosa, students are charged $7,900 per year
A personal training degree from an Alabama school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Alabama pursue careers as a personal trainer. 2,200 personal trainers were working in Alabama in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Alabama personal trainers:
- Bibb County - 620 personal trainers
- Autauga County - 350 personal trainers
- Limestone County - 210 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Alabama will grow to 3,810. This would require a 35% growth in the profession.
A personal trainer in Alabama earns $32,730 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Alabama personal trainers earned as little as less than $15,600 per year or as much as more than $59,460 per year. The following counties in Alabama have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Etowah County - $37,450 per year
- Bibb County - $35,830 per year
- Autauga County - $34,150 per year
The Alabama counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Bullock County - $17,850 per year
- Calhoun County - $28,120 per year
- Limestone County - $31,180 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Alabama statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Alabama
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||2,200||$32,730||0.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Alabama