There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Alabama!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Alabama
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Alabama receive x ray technology degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 119 x ray technicians graduate from Alabama's 6 x ray technician schools.
University of South Alabama, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Alabama that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Mobile. 23 students graduated with a degree in x ray technician from University of South Alabama in 2010. University of South Alabama charged in-state students $5,748 in tuition fees per year.
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville, which is located in Hanceville, is the second-ranked school in Alabama that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville graduated 27 students from its x ray technician program. George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville charged in-state students $3,570 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Alabama with a x ray technician program is Gadsden State Community College, which is located in Gadsden. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Gadsden State Community College x ray technician program. Tuition at Gadsden State Community College was $3,270 per year.
X ray technician schools in Alabama, charge students an average tuition of $3,720 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $5,748 per year, or as little as $2,834 per year. In 2010, the following Alabama x ray technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of South Alabama - located in Mobile, students are charged $5,748 per year
- Jefferson State Community College - located in Birmingham, students are charged $3,630 per year
- George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville - located in Hanceville, students are charged $3,570 per year
The x ray technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Alabama were:
- Southern Union State Community College - located in Wadley, students are charged $2,834 per year
- Gadsden State Community College - located in Gadsden, students are charged $3,270 per year
- George C Wallace Community College-Dothan - located in Dothan, students are charged $3,270 per year
A x ray technician degree from an Alabama school... what next?
The highest percentage of x ray technician graduates in Alabama pursue careers as a x ray technician. Alabama had 3,590 x ray technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Alabama x ray technicians are working in the following counties:
- Bibb County - 1,010 x ray technicians
- Mobile County - 330 x ray technicians
- Limestone County - 320 x ray technicians
The government projects that the number of x ray technicians in Alabama will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,690 x ray technicians working in Alabama.
A x ray technician in Alabama earns $44,730 per year on average. The following counties in Alabama have the highest average salaries for x ray technicians:
- Mobile County - $46,940 per year
- Bibb County - $46,890 per year
- Cullman County - $46,840 per year
The following counties in Alabama have the lowest average salaries for x ray technicians:
- Etowah County - $38,170 per year
- Calhoun County - $39,720 per year
- Lee County - $40,850 per year
For more data regarding a career in x ray technology in Alabama and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Alabama
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Alabama
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,116 miles from location||University of South Alabama||Mobile||AL||26.3802||51%||14,522|
|6,035 miles from location||Jefferson State Community College||Birmingham||AL||7.88929||n/a||8,581|
|5,995 miles from location||Gadsden State Community College||Gadsden||AL||17.7292||n/a||6,917|
|6,040 miles from location||George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||Hanceville||AL||24.8428||n/a||6,311|
|5,968 miles from location||Southern Union State Community College||Wadley||AL||13.8231||n/a||5,111|
|5,957 miles from location||George C Wallace Community College-Dothan||Dothan||AL||12.4472||n/a||4,653|
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Alabama
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians +||3,360||$44,730|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Alabama