There are schools offering acting classes in Arizona!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Arizona
Northern Arizona University, which is located in Flagstaff, is the top-ranked school in Arizona that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with a degree in acting from Northern Arizona University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northern Arizona University was $7,672 per year.
The second-ranked school in Arizona that has a acting program is Prescott College. Prescott College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Prescott. The tuition rate at Prescott College was $26,235 per year.
Arizona State University, which is located in Tempe, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 57th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Arizona State University graduated 64 students from its acting programs. Students at Arizona State University paid $8,132 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Arizona's acting schools ranges from $26,235 per year to $1,520 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,816 per year. In 2010, the acting schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arizona were:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- University of Arizona - located in Tucson, students are charged $8,237 per year
The acting schools in Arizona that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Eastern Arizona College - located in Thatcher, students are charged $1,520 per year
- Cochise College - located in Douglas, students are charged $1,560 per year
- Scottsdale Community College - located in Scottsdale, students are charged $1,734 per year
An acting degree from an Arizona school... what next?
The highest percentage of acting graduates in Arizona pursue careers as an actor. Arizona had 300 actors in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Arizona actors:
- Maricopa County - 210 actors
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of actors is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 500 actors working in the Arizona then.
An actor in Arizona makes an average of $0 per year.
For more data regarding a career in acting in Arizona and to compare salaries with various related fields such as art or acting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Acting in Arizona
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Arizona
- Certificate in Acting in Arizona
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||750||$52,070||-6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Arizona