There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in Arizona!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in Arizona
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Arizona graduates receive degrees in crime scene investigation. Thus, Arizona's 8 crime scene investigation schools put out approximately 199 crime scene investigators each year.
Grand Canyon University, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Arizona that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in Phoenix. no students graduated with a degree in crime scene investigation from Grand Canyon University in 2010. The tuition rate at Grand Canyon University was $16,500 per year.
The second-ranked school in Arizona with a crime scene investigation program is Pima Community College, which is located in Tucson. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. 5 students graduated with degree in crime scene investigation from Pima Community College in 2010. Students at Pima Community College paid $1,412 per year in tuition fees.
Mesa Community College, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in Mesa. 22 students graduated with degree in crime scene investigation from Mesa Community College in 2010. Tuition at Mesa Community College was $1,734 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Arizona's crime scene investigation schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,650 per year, though tuition can range from $16,500 per year to $1,412 per year. In 2010, the following Arizona crime scene investigation schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Mohave Community College - located in Kingman, students are charged $2,310 per year
- Coconino County Community College - located in Flagstaff, students are charged $2,040 per year
The crime scene investigation schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arizona were:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Scottsdale Community College - located in Scottsdale, students are charged $1,734 per year
- Mesa Community College - located in Mesa, students are charged $1,734 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from an Arizona school... what next?
Most people who graduate from crime scene investigation school in Arizona go on to work as a crime scene investigator. Arizona had 5,230 crime scene investigators in 2010. The largest populations of Arizona crime scene investigators are working in the following counties:
- Cochise County - 1,660 crime scene investigators
- Maricopa County - 1,360 crime scene investigators
- Yuma County - 710 crime scene investigators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of crime scene investigators in the state of Arizona will grow to 6,360. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
A crime scene investigator in Arizona makes an average of $71,560 per year. But, salaries for crime scene investigators can vary. In 2010, crime scene investigators made as little as less than $34,400 per year or as much as more than $122,730 per year in Arizona. The following counties in Arizona have the highest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Coconino County - $80,710 per year
- Maricopa County - $72,350 per year
- Cochise County - $71,360 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for crime scene investigators are:
- Apache County - $53,180 per year
- Mohave County - $53,710 per year
- Yuma County - $70,640 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in crime scene investigation and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Arizona
- Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation in Arizona
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||5,230||$71,560||207.6%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||680||$54,580||4.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in Arizona