There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Arizona!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Arizona
Each year, approximately 0.5% of Arizona graduates receive degrees in healthcare administration. Thus, Arizona's 26 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 1,197 healthcare administrators each year.
Northern Arizona University, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Arizona that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Flagstaff. In 2010, Northern Arizona University graduated no students from its healthcare administration program. Northern Arizona University charged in-state students $7,672 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Arizona with a healthcare administration program is Prescott College, which is located in Prescott. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. Tuition at Prescott College was $26,235 per year.
University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which is located in Phoenix, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 49th in the country in 2010. 819 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from University of Phoenix-Online Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Phoenix-Online Campus was $11,520 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Arizona's healthcare administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,132 per year, though tuition can range from $26,235 per year to $1,412 per year. In 2010, the following Arizona healthcare administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Argosy University-Phoenix Online Division - located in Phoenix, students are charged $19,812 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
The following Arizona healthcare administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Northland Pioneer College - located in Holbrook, students are charged $1,414 per year
- GateWay Community College - located in Phoenix, students are charged $1,734 per year
A healthcare administration degree from an Arizona school... what next?
A large number of Arizona healthcare administration graduates become healthcare administrators. In 2010, there were 6,520 healthcare administrators working in Arizona. The Arizona counties with the largest populations of healthcare administrators are:
- Maricopa County - 4,450 healthcare administrators
- Pima County - 1,120 healthcare administrators
- Apache County - 230 healthcare administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,630 healthcare administrators will be working in Arizona state. This would require the number of healthcare administrators to grow by 14%.
A healthcare administrator in Arizona makes an average of $87,380 per year. However, Arizona healthcare administrators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $37,950 per year to more than $160,990 per year in 2010. The following counties in Arizona have the highest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Coconino County - $100,700 per year
- Yavapai County - $92,580 per year
- Mohave County - $90,960 per year
On average, healthcare administrators earns the least in the following Arizona counties:
- Cochise County - $77,280 per year
- Yuma County - $81,630 per year
- Pima County - $85,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare administration in Arizona and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Arizona
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Arizona
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Arizona
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||6,520||$87,380||35.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Arizona