There are schools offering sociology degrees in Arizona!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Arizona
The top-ranked school in Arizona with a sociology program is Northern Arizona University, which is located in Flagstaff. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 54 students graduated with a degree in sociology from Northern Arizona University in 2010. Northern Arizona University charged in-state students $7,672 in tuition fees per year.
Prescott College, which is located in Prescott, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Prescott College sociology program. Prescott College charged in-state students $26,235 in tuition fees per year.
Arizona State University, which is located in Tempe, is the third-ranked school in Arizona that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 57th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 189 students graduated from Arizona State University sociology program. Tuition at Arizona State University was $8,132 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arizona sociology school, average tuition will be $6,446 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,412 per year to $26,235 per year. In 2010, the following Arizona sociology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- University of Arizona - located in Tucson, students are charged $8,237 per year
The sociology schools in Arizona that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Eastern Arizona College - located in Thatcher, students are charged $1,520 per year
- Cochise College - located in Douglas, students are charged $1,560 per year
A sociology degree from an Arizona school... what next?
The highest percentage of sociology graduates in Arizona pursue careers as a sociologist. Arizona had 40 sociologists in 2010. The Arizona counties with the largest populations of sociologists are:
- Maricopa County
A sociologist in Arizona makes an average of $80,870 per year. But, salaries for sociologists can vary. In 2010, sociologists made as little as less than $55,400 per year or as much as more than $115,640 per year in Arizona. On average a sociologist earns the most in the following Arizona counties:
- Maricopa County - $83,500 per year
For more data regarding a career in sociology in Arizona and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sociology in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Arizona
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Arizona
- Certificate in Sociology in Arizona
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||330||$70,570||266.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Arizona