There are schools offering special education degrees in Arizona!
Schools Offering Special Education Programs in Arizona
Your Favorite Schools
Approximately 0.7% of graduates in of Arizona receive special education degrees every year. That means an estimated 1,491 special education professionals graduate from Arizona's 12 special education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Arizona that has a special education program is Northern Arizona University. Northern Arizona University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Flagstaff. In 2010, 124 students graduated from Northern Arizona University's special education program. Northern Arizona University charged in-state students $7,672 in tuition fees per year.
Prescott College, which is located in Prescott, is the second-ranked school in Arizona that has a special education program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. 12 students graduated with degree in special education from Prescott College in 2010. The tuition rate at Prescott College was $26,235 per year.
The third-ranked school in Arizona with a special education program is University of Phoenix-Online Campus, which is located in Phoenix. In 2010, it was ranked 49th nationwide. In 2010, 313 students graduated from University of Phoenix-Online Campus special education program. University of Phoenix-Online Campus charged in-state students $11,520 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Arizona's special education schools ranges from $26,235 per year to $1,412 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,365 per year. The Arizona special education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Prescott College - located in Prescott, students are charged $26,235 per year
- Grand Canyon University - located in Phoenix, students are charged $16,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Online Campus - located in Phoenix, students are charged $11,520 per year
The special education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arizona were:
- Pima Community College - located in Tucson, students are charged $1,412 per year
- Estrella Mountain Community College - located in Avondale, students are charged $1,734 per year
- Northern Arizona University - located in Flagstaff, students are charged $7,672 per year
A special education degree from an Arizona school... what next?
In Arizona, the largest numbers of special education professional work in the following counties:
- Maricopa County - 1,850 special education professionals
- Pima County - 420 special education professionals
- Apache County - 180 special education professionals
special education professionals in Arizona make an average of $41,450 per year. However, Arizona special education professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,950 per year to more than $62,240 per year in 2010. Special education professionals in the following Arizona counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Maricopa County - $43,850 per year
- Apache County - $41,830 per year
- Yuma County - $41,010 per year
The Arizona counties with the lowest average salary for special education professionals are:
- Cochise County - $34,410 per year
- Coconino County - $37,770 per year
- Yavapai County - $38,750 per year
On average, the highest paid special education professionals in Arizona were:
- Preschool Special Education Teacher - $41,450 per year
The special education professionals with lowest average salaries in Arizona were:
- Preschool Special Education Teacher - $41,450 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arizona statistics regarding a career in special education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as speech therapy or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Special Education in Arizona
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education in Arizona
- Master's Degree in Special Education in Arizona
- Doctoral Degree in Special Education in Arizona
- Certificate in Special Education in Arizona
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,486 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Online Campus||Phoenix||AZ||50.5302||n/a||291,070|
|7,481 miles from location||Arizona State University||Tempe||AZ||43.2134||40%||68,064|
|7,443 miles from location||University of Arizona||Tucson||AZ||39.7951||36%||38,767|
|7,445 miles from location||Pima Community College||Tucson||AZ||14.0724||n/a||35,880|
|7,491 miles from location||Grand Canyon University||Phoenix||AZ||26.2344||38%||34,205|
|7,439 miles from location||Northern Arizona University||Flagstaff||AZ||67.3157||19%||23,597|
|7,503 miles from location||Estrella Mountain Community College||Avondale||AZ||11.7243||n/a||7,202|
|7,484 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus||Phoenix||AZ||8.96636||n/a||5,531|
|7,439 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Southern Arizona Campus||Tucson||AZ||9.04499||n/a||2,170|
|7,489 miles from location||Ottawa University-Phoenix||Phoenix||AZ||2.73172||n/a||1,127|
|7,494 miles from location||Prescott College||Prescott||AZ||55.3338||26%||1,119|
|7,439 miles from location||Brown Mackie College-Tucson||Tucson||AZ||15.5021||n/a||557|
Curious what studying Special Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arizona
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School +||3,260||$41,450||39.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are special education related jobs in Arizona