There are schools offering business degrees in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a business program is Harding University. Harding University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Searcy. In 2010, Harding University graduated 297 students from its business program. Students at Harding University paid $14,040 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Arkansas that has a business program is John Brown University. John Brown University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Siloam Springs. In 2010, John Brown University graduated 286 students from its business program. Students at John Brown University paid $19,770 per year in tuition fees.
Arkansas State University-Main Campus, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a business program. It is located in Jonesboro. 322 students graduated with degree in business from Arkansas State University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Arkansas State University-Main Campus was $6,640 per year.
If you choose to attend a Arkansas business school, average tuition will be $7,032 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,350 per year to $32,040 per year. In 2010, the business schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Hendrix College - located in Conway, students are charged $32,040 per year
- Lyon College - located in Batesville, students are charged $21,324 per year
- University of the Ozarks - located in Clarksville, students are charged $20,530 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Arkansas business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Rich Mountain Community College - located in Mena, students are charged $1,632 per year
A business degree from an Arkansas school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in Arkansas. Arkansas had 36,530 business professionals in 2010. 1,430 of these business professionals were business analysts, 2,360 were chief executive officers, and 14,690 were operations managers. The Arkansas counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Faulkner County - 13,640 business professionals
- Benton County - 6,570 business professionals
- Crawford County - 3,540 business professionals
The government projects that the number of business professionals in Arkansas will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 41,860 business professionals working in Arkansas. The greatest growth for business professional is predicted to be amongst Cost Estimators, who are expected to increase by 17% by 2018.
On average, business professionals earn a salary of $71,653 per year in Arkansas state. However, Arkansas business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,990 per year to more than $165,980 per year in 2010. The following counties in Arkansas have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Benton County - $85,442 per year
- Craighead County - $79,681 per year
- Faulkner County - $77,012 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following Arkansas counties:
- Clay County - $61,814 per year
- Baxter County - $64,553 per year
- Arkansas County - $65,819 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Arkansas were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $142,400 per year
- Financial Advisor - $97,390 per year
- Operations Manager - $90,580 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Arkansas were:
- Budget Analyst - $49,470 per year
- Credit Counselor - $40,230 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Arkansas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Arkansas
- Master's Degree in Business in Arkansas
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Arkansas
- Certificate in Business in Arkansas
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||14,690||$90,580||21.7%|
|Accountants and Auditors||5,130||$55,520||-16.4%|
|Administrative Services Managers||2,660||$68,600||7.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||710||$66,850||61.4%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||640||$97,390||12.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||540||$87,470|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Arkansas