There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Arkansas
The top-ranked school in Arkansas with a cosmetology program is Professional Cosmetology Education Center, which is located in El Dorado. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Professional Cosmetology Education Center graduated 16 students from its cosmetology program.
The second-ranked school in Arkansas with a cosmetology program is Imagine-Paul Mitchell Partner School, which is located in North Little Rock. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Imagine-Paul Mitchell Partner School graduated 63 students from its cosmetology program.
Hot Springs Beauty College, which is located in Hot Springs National Park, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Hot Springs Beauty College graduated 37 students from its cosmetology programs. Hot Springs Beauty College charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Cosmetology schools in Arkansas, charge students an average tuition of $679 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $4,804 per year, or as little as $1,350 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Arkansas cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- Southern Arkansas University Tech - located in Camden, students are charged $3,270 per year
- Pulaski Technical College - located in North Little Rock, students are charged $2,840 per year
The cosmetology schools in Arkansas that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas - located in De Queen, students are charged $1,780 per year
- South Arkansas Community College - located in El Dorado, students are charged $1,868 per year
A cosmetology certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as a cosmetologist. In 2010, there were 1,980 cosmetologists working in Arkansas. The following counties have the largest number of Arkansas cosmetologists:
- Faulkner County - 760 cosmetologists
- Benton County - 540 cosmetologists
- Crawford County - 190 cosmetologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,810 cosmetologists will be working in Arkansas state. This would require the number of cosmetologists to grow by 7%.
On average, a cosmetologist earns a salary of $28,260 per year in Arkansas state. However, this number is only an average. cosmetologists in Arkansas had varying salaries from $15,350 to $47,350 per year in 2010. On average a cosmetologist earns the most in the following Arkansas counties:
- Benton County - $31,500 per year
- Faulkner County - $31,360 per year
- Arkansas County - $26,380 per year
A cosmetologist in the following counties in Arkansas make the lowest salaries on average:
- Craighead County - $19,140 per year
- Cleburne County - $20,810 per year
- Clay County - $21,360 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Arkansas
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||1,980||$28,260||34.7%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||100||$28,450||42.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Arkansas