There are schools offering EMT training in Arkansas!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Arkansas
Each year, roughly 0.6% of Arkansas students graduate with certificates in emergency medical training. In other words, every year an estimated 420 emergency medical technicians graduate from Arkansas' 23 EMT schools.
The top-ranked school in Arkansas that has a EMT program is Arkansas Tech University. Arkansas Tech University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Russellville. In 2010, no students graduated from Arkansas Tech University's EMT program. Tuition at Arkansas Tech University was $4,804 per year.
The second-ranked school in Arkansas with a EMT program is Southeast Arkansas College, which is located in Pine Bluff. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, Southeast Arkansas College graduated 39 students from its EMT program. The tuition rate at Southeast Arkansas College was $2,760 per year.
Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Arkansas that has a EMT program. It is located in Forrest City. In 2010, Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute graduated 3 students from its EMT programs. Students at Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute paid $1,350 per year in tuition fees.
Emt schools in Arkansas, charge students an average tuition of $2,268 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $4,990 per year, or as little as $1,350 per year. The Arkansas EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Arkansas at Monticello - located in Monticello, students are charged $4,990 per year
- Arkansas Tech University - located in Russellville, students are charged $4,804 per year
- Arkansas State University-Mountain Home - located in Mountain Home, students are charged $2,910 per year
The EMT schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Arkansas were:
- Crowleys Ridge Technical Institute - located in Forrest City, students are charged $1,350 per year
- North Arkansas College - located in Harrison, students are charged $1,536 per year
- Rich Mountain Community College - located in Mena, students are charged $1,632 per year
An EMT certificate from an Arkansas school... what next?
The highest percentage of EMT graduates in Arkansas pursue careers as an emergency medical technician. In 2010, there were 2,120 emergency medical technicians working in Arkansas. In Arkansas, the largest numbers of emergency medical technicians work in the following counties:
- Clay County - 430 emergency medical technicians
- Faulkner County - 400 emergency medical technicians
- Arkansas County - 300 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that the number of emergency medical technicians in Arkansas will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,170 emergency medical technicians working in Arkansas.
On average, an emergency medical technician earns a salary of $28,820 per year in Arkansas state. In 2010, however, some Arkansas emergency medical technicians earned as little as less than $16,100 per year or as much as more than $54,640 per year. An emergency medical technician in the following Arkansas counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Baxter County - $33,680 per year
- Benton County - $31,030 per year
- Craighead County - $30,760 per year
The Arkansas counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Cleburne County - $24,530 per year
- Faulkner County - $27,660 per year
- Arkansas County - $27,980 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Arkansas statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Arkansas
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Arkansas
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Arkansas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,120||$28,820||-3.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Arkansas