There are schools offering advertising programs in California!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in California
University of Southern California, which was ranked 7th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a advertising program. It is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, University of Southern California graduated 83 students from its advertising program. Tuition at University of Southern California was $41,022 per year.
Pepperdine University, which is located in Malibu, is the second-ranked school in California that has a advertising program. It received a ranking of 24th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pepperdine University graduated 68 students from its advertising program. The tuition rate at Pepperdine University was $39,080 per year.
Chapman University, which is located in Orange, is the third-ranked school in California that has a advertising program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 71 students graduated from Chapman University advertising program. Tuition at Chapman University was $38,524 per year.
If you choose to attend a California advertising school, average tuition will be $11,003 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $644 per year to $41,022 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California advertising schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Pepperdine University - located in Malibu, students are charged $39,080 per year
- Chapman University - located in Orange, students are charged $38,524 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California advertising schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sacramento City College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
An advertising degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California advertising graduates become advertisers. If you decide to work as an advertiser in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 13,240 California advertisers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California advertisers:
- Los Angeles County - 4,260 advertisers
- Marin County - 1,950 advertisers
- San Diego County - 1,230 advertisers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of advertisers in the state of California will grow to 17,600. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
An advertiser in California makes an average of $61,800 per year. However, this number is only an average. advertisers in California had varying salaries from $21,480 to $140,380 per year in 2010. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for advertisers:
- Ventura County - $77,830 per year
- Marin County - $69,240 per year
- Orange County - $68,500 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for advertisers:
- Del Norte County - $39,690 per year
- Tulare County - $40,690 per year
- San Joaquin County - $42,410 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in advertising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Advertising in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in California
- Master's Degree in Advertising in California
- Certificate in Advertising in California
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||13,240||$61,800||-27.3%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||6,320||$116,020||21.8%|
|Writers and Authors||6,060||$85,170||25.2%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||4,120||$104,060||-30.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in California