There are schools offering animation programs in California!
Schools Offering Animation Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California with a animation program is University of Southern California, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 7th nationwide. In 2010, University of Southern California graduated 55 students from its animation program. University of Southern California charged in-state students $41,022 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in California that has a animation program is Cogswell Polytechnical College. Cogswell Polytechnical College, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Sunnyvale. 16 students graduated with degree in animation from Cogswell Polytechnical College in 2010. Tuition at Cogswell Polytechnical College was $18,924 per year.
Loyola Marymount University, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a animation program. It is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, Loyola Marymount University graduated 12 students from its animation programs. The tuition rate at Loyola Marymount University was $36,622 per year.
Animation schools in California, charge students an average tuition of $7,974 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $41,022 per year, or as little as $648 per year. The California animation schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Southern California - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $41,022 per year
- Loyola Marymount University - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $36,622 per year
- California College of the Arts - located in Oakland, students are charged $35,222 per year
The animation schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- College of the Redwoods - located in Eureka, students are charged $648 per year
- Crafton Hills College - located in Yucaipa, students are charged $651 per year
- Santa Monica College - located in Santa Monica, students are charged $652 per year
An animation degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California animation graduates become animators. 8,440 animators were working in California in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California animators:
- Los Angeles County - 4,460 animators
- Marin County - 1,700 animators
- San Benito County - 560 animators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of animators is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 27,100 animators working in the California then.
An animator in California earns $74,560 per year on average. However, California animators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,320 per year to more than $119,890 per year in 2010. The counties in California with the highest average salary for an animator are:
- San Benito County - $81,360 per year
- Los Angeles County - $76,920 per year
- Alameda County - $74,190 per year
An animator in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Riverside County - $53,070 per year
- San Diego County - $60,060 per year
- El Dorado County - $63,350 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in animation. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Animation in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Animation in California
- Master's Degree in Animation in California
- Certificate in Animation in California
Curious what studying Animation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||8,440||$74,560||29.2%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||3,280||$66,270||175.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are animation related jobs in California