There are schools offering audio production programs in California!
Schools Offering Audio Production Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.3% of California students graduate with degrees in audio production. In other words, every year an estimated 2,412 audio producers graduate from California's 74 audio production schools.
Biola University, which is located in La Mirada, is the top-ranked school in California that has a audio production program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Biola University graduated 44 students from its audio production program. Students at Biola University paid $28,852 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in California with a audio production program is Pepperdine University, which is located in Malibu. In 2010, it was ranked 24th nationwide. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Pepperdine University audio production program. Pepperdine University charged in-state students $39,080 in tuition fees per year.
University of La Verne, which was ranked 24th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in California that has a audio production program. It is located in La Verne. In 2010, 9 students graduated from University of La Verne audio production program. University of La Verne charged in-state students $29,800 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's audio production schools ranges from $39,080 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,995 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California audio production schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pepperdine University - located in Malibu, students are charged $39,080 per year
- Loyola Marymount University - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $36,622 per year
- University of La Verne - located in La Verne, students are charged $29,800 per year
The audio production schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- West Hills College Coalinga - located in Coalinga, students are charged $624 per year
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
An audio production degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of audio production graduates in California pursue careers as an audio producer. 8,220 audio producers were working in California in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of audio producers are:
- Los Angeles County - 3,910 audio producers
- Marin County - 930 audio producers
- Orange County - 750 audio producers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 11,600 audio producers will be working in California state. This would require the number of audio producers to grow by 7%.
An audio producer in California earns $49,110 per year on average. In 2010, however, some California audio producers earned as little as less than $19,200 per year or as much as more than $86,600 per year. The counties in California with the highest average salary for an audio producer are:
- Orange County - $53,650 per year
- Marin County - $52,320 per year
- Los Angeles County - $52,160 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for audio producers are:
- El Dorado County - $35,890 per year
- Riverside County - $36,430 per year
- Fresno County - $38,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in audio production. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as audio production or music production.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Production in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Production in California
- Master's Degree in Audio Production in California
- Certificate in Audio Production in California
Curious what studying Audio Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||8,220||$49,110||16.6%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||3,820||$68,730||15.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio production related jobs in California