There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in California!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in California
Stanbridge College, which was ranked 63rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in California that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Irvine. no students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Stanbridge College in 2010.
Central Coast College, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Salinas. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Central Coast College bookkeeping program.
Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus, which is located in Van Nuys, is the third-ranked school in California that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's bookkeeping schools ranges from $14,826 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $720 per year. In 2010, the following California bookkeeping schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Foothill College - located in Los Altos, students are charged $894 per year
- De Anza College - located in Cupertino, students are charged $878 per year
The following California bookkeeping schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- West Hills College Lemoore - located in Lemoore, students are charged $624 per year
- West Hills College Coalinga - located in Coalinga, students are charged $624 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from bookkeeping school in California go on to work as a bookkeeping clerk. 184,090 bookkeeping clerks were working in California in 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of bookkeeping clerks are:
- Los Angeles County - 54,700 bookkeeping clerks
- Orange County - 18,180 bookkeeping clerks
- San Diego County - 15,000 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that the number of bookkeeping clerks in California will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 237,700 bookkeeping clerks working in California.
A bookkeeping clerk in California makes an average of $39,820 per year. But, salaries for bookkeeping clerks can vary. In 2010, bookkeeping clerks made as little as less than $18,870 per year or as much as more than $66,070 per year in California. On average a bookkeeping clerk earns the most in the following California counties:
- Marin County - $46,230 per year
- San Benito County - $45,140 per year
- Napa County - $44,810 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Imperial County - $32,780 per year
- Butte County - $33,050 per year
- Kings County - $33,730 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in California
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in California
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||184,090||$39,820||-12.1%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||57,470||$36,300||1.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in California