There are schools offering computer programming courses in California!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in California
Around 0.0% of California's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. Thus, California's 80 computer programming schools put out approximately 345 computer programmers each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a computer programming program is CIT College of InfoMedical Technology. CIT College of InfoMedical Technology, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Anaheim. In 2010, 3 students graduated from CIT College of InfoMedical Technology's computer programming program.
The second-ranked school in California with a computer programming program is California College-San Diego, which is located in San Diego. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide.
The third-ranked school in California with a computer programming program is ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop, which is located in Lathrop. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Lathrop paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at California's computer programming schools ranges from $35,200 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,559 per year. In 2010, the following California computer programming schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Coleman University - located in San Diego, students are charged $35,200 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Concord, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Clovis - located in Clovis, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer programming schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Folsom Lake College - located in Folsom, students are charged $644 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
A computer programming degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in California go on to work as a computer programmer. California had 34,840 computer programmers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California computer programmers:
- Los Angeles County - 8,170 computer programmers
- San Benito County - 4,940 computer programmers
- San Diego County - 4,170 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in California will shrink by -6%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 32,200 computer programmers working in California.
A computer programmer in California makes an average of $84,470 per year. A computer programmer in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Benito County - $106,530 per year
- Marin County - $94,310 per year
- Napa County - $92,560 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Del Norte County - $51,190 per year
- San Luis Obispo County - $60,180 per year
- Lassen County - $61,430 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in California
- Certificate in Computer Programming in California
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,710||$67,720||-6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in California