There are schools offering EMT training in California!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.2% of California graduates receive certificates in emergency medical training. That means an estimated 2,051 emergency medical technicians graduate from California's 33 EMT schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California with a EMT program is Pacific Union College, which is located in Angwin. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. 3 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Pacific Union College in 2010. Tuition at Pacific Union College was $25,221 per year.
Charles A. Jones Skills and Business Education Center, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a EMT program. It is located in Sacramento. 89 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Charles A. Jones Skills and Business Education Center in 2010.
University of Antelope Valley, which is located in Lancaster, is the third-ranked school in California that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. Students at University of Antelope Valley paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at California's EMT schools ranges from $25,221 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,408 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pacific Union College - located in Angwin, students are charged $25,221 per year
- Foothill College - located in Los Altos, students are charged $894 per year
- Cuesta College - located in San Luis Obispo, students are charged $860 per year
The EMT schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Barstow Community College - located in Barstow, students are charged $624 per year
- Victor Valley College - located in Victorville, students are charged $634 per year
- Cosumnes River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
An EMT certificate from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of EMT graduates in California pursue careers as an emergency medical technician. California had 15,220 emergency medical technicians in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of emergency medical technicians work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 3,200 emergency medical technicians
- Riverside County - 1,950 emergency medical technicians
- Orange County - 1,320 emergency medical technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of emergency medical technicians is expected to grow by 30% by 2018. There are projected to be 18,700 emergency medical technicians working in the California then.
An emergency medical technician in California earns $36,140 per year on average. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $18,460 per year or as much as more than $91,550 per year in California. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Marin County - $50,950 per year
- Imperial County - $48,950 per year
- Madera County - $45,790 per year
An emergency medical technician in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Butte County - $26,220 per year
- Tulare County - $28,000 per year
- Fresno County - $28,590 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in California
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in California
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||15,220||$36,140||27.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in California