There are schools offering forensic science degrees in California!
Schools Offering Forensic Science Programs in California
Around 0.0% of California's graduates graduate from forensic science degree programs every year. That means an estimated 300 forensic science technicians graduate from California's 18 forensic science schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California with a forensic science program is University of California-Davis, which is located in Davis. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 7 students graduated with a degree in forensic science from University of California-Davis in 2010. Tuition at University of California-Davis was $11,958 per year.
The second-ranked school in California with a forensic science program is California State University-Los Angeles, which is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. 31 students graduated with degree in forensic science from California State University-Los Angeles in 2010. Tuition at California State University-Los Angeles was $4,848 per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a forensic science program is City College of San Francisco. City College of San Francisco, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in San Francisco. In 2010, 11 students graduated from City College of San Francisco forensic science program. Students at City College of San Francisco paid $734 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of California's forensic science schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,302 per year, though tuition can range from $11,958 per year to $658 per year. In 2010, the following California forensic science schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of California-Davis - located in Davis, students are charged $11,958 per year
- National University - located in La Jolla, students are charged $11,088 per year
- California State University-Los Angeles - located in Los Angeles, students are charged $4,848 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California forensic science schools were charged at the following schools:
- Fresno City College - located in Fresno, students are charged $658 per year
- San Diego Miramar College - located in San Diego, students are charged $658 per year
- Golden West College - located in Huntington Beach, students are charged $686 per year
A forensic science degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic science graduates in California pursue careers as a forensic science technician. California had 1,710 forensic science technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of California forensic science technicians:
- Orange County - 230 forensic science technicians
- El Dorado County - 130 forensic science technicians
- San Diego County - 110 forensic science technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of forensic science technicians in the state of California will grow to 2,100. This would require a 16% growth in the profession.
On average, forensic science technicians earn $67,720 per year. In 2010, however, some California forensic science technicians earned as little as less than $39,900 per year or as much as more than $111,970 per year. The following counties in California have the highest average salaries for forensic science technicians:
- Alameda County - $76,500 per year
- Orange County - $74,960 per year
- San Benito County - $74,070 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for forensic science technicians are:
- El Dorado County - $60,100 per year
- San Diego County - $65,750 per year
- Tulare County - $66,110 per year
For more data regarding a career in forensic science in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or forensic psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Science in California
- Master's Degree in Forensic Science in California
- Certificate in Forensic Science in California
Curious what studying Forensic Science gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,710||$67,720||-6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic science related jobs in California