There are schools offering massage therapy programs in California!
Schools Offering Massage Therapy Programs in California
The top-ranked school in California that has a massage therapy program is American Career College. American Career College, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. In 2010, American Career College graduated 73 students from its massage therapy program.
The second-ranked school in California with a massage therapy program is American Career College, which is located in Anaheim. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, 67 students graduated from American Career College massage therapy program.
The third-ranked school in California with a massage therapy program is Institute for Business and Technology, which is located in Santa Clara. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Institute for Business and Technology massage therapy program. Institute for Business and Technology charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's massage therapy schools ranges from $16,853 per year to $668 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,158 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California massage therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest College-Reseda - located in Reseda, students are charged $16,853 per year
- Everest College-Gardena - located in Gardena, students are charged $15,660 per year
- Everest College-Ontario - located in Ontario, students are charged $15,404 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California massage therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- MiraCosta College - located in Oceanside, students are charged $668 per year
- Monterey Peninsula College - located in Monterey, students are charged $678 per year
- West Valley College - located in Saratoga, students are charged $700 per year
A massage therapy certificate from a California school... what next?
A large number of California massage therapy graduates become massage therapists. If you decide to work as a massage therapist in California, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,240 California massage therapists as of 2010. The California counties with the largest populations of massage therapists are:
- Los Angeles County - 1,670 massage therapists
- Marin County - 1,290 massage therapists
- San Diego County - 1,030 massage therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 22,600 massage therapists will be working in California state. This would require the number of massage therapists to grow by 13%.
A massage therapist in California earns $38,910 per year on average. But, salaries for massage therapists can vary. In 2010, massage therapists made as little as less than $17,550 per year or as much as more than $106,600 per year in California. On average a massage therapist earns the most in the following California counties:
- Sonoma County - $58,400 per year
- Alameda County - $48,050 per year
- San Benito County - $46,040 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for massage therapists:
- Solano County - $30,280 per year
- Shasta County - $33,090 per year
- Los Angeles County - $34,830 per year
For more data regarding a career in massage therapy in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Massage Therapy in California
- Certificate in Massage Therapy in California
Curious what studying Massage Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are massage therapy related jobs in California