There are schools offering personal training certifications in California!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in California
Around 0.0% of California's graduates graduate from personal training degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 331 personal trainers graduate from California's 39 personal training schools.
Chapman University, which is located in Orange, is the top-ranked school in California that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Chapman University's personal training program. Students at Chapman University paid $38,524 per year in tuition fees.
University of the Pacific, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in California that has a personal training program. It is located in Stockton. In 2010, University of the Pacific graduated 5 students from its personal training program. The tuition rate at University of the Pacific was $34,100 per year.
The third-ranked school in California that has a personal training program is Fresno Pacific University. Fresno Pacific University, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Fresno. In 2010, Fresno Pacific University graduated 26 students from its personal training programs. Tuition at Fresno Pacific University was $23,898 per year.
Tuition at California's personal training schools ranges from $38,524 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,100 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at California personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- Chapman University - located in Orange, students are charged $38,524 per year
- University of the Pacific - located in Stockton, students are charged $34,100 per year
- University of La Verne - located in La Verne, students are charged $29,800 per year
The personal training schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Fullerton College - located in Fullerton, students are charged $656 per year
A personal training degree from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in California go on to work as a personal trainer. California had 26,780 personal trainers in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of personal trainers work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 6,170 personal trainers
- Marin County - 3,130 personal trainers
- San Diego County - 2,410 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of California will grow to 40,400. This would require a 27% growth in the profession.
On average, a personal trainer earns a salary of $42,370 per year in California state. But, salaries for personal trainers can vary. In 2010, personal trainers made as little as less than $17,490 per year or as much as more than $78,630 per year in California. On average a personal trainer earns the most in the following California counties:
- Marin County - $54,150 per year
- San Benito County - $50,810 per year
- Alameda County - $46,320 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- Sutter County - $21,780 per year
- Shasta County - $28,140 per year
- Merced County - $32,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in California and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in California
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in California
- Certificate in Personal Training in California
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||26,780||$42,370||9.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in California