There are schools offering speech therapy programs in California!
Schools Offering Speech Therapy Programs in California
University of California-San Diego, which is located in La Jolla, is the top-ranked school in California that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 15 students graduated with a degree in speech therapy from University of California-San Diego in 2010. The tuition rate at University of California-San Diego was $11,306 per year.
Biola University, which is located in La Mirada, is the second-ranked school in California that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Biola University graduated 20 students from its speech therapy program. Biola University charged in-state students $28,852 in tuition fees per year.
University of the Pacific, which is located in Stockton, is the third-ranked school in California that has a speech therapy program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 61 students graduated from University of the Pacific speech therapy program. Students at University of the Pacific paid $34,100 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at California's speech therapy schools ranges from $35,540 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,138 per year. In 2010, the following California speech therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Redlands - located in Redlands, students are charged $35,540 per year
- University of the Pacific - located in Stockton, students are charged $34,100 per year
- Biola University - located in La Mirada, students are charged $28,852 per year
The speech therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in California were:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- American River College - located in Sacramento, students are charged $644 per year
- Crafton Hills College - located in Yucaipa, students are charged $651 per year
A speech therapy degree from a California school... what next?
The highest percentage of speech therapy graduates in California pursue careers as a speech therapist. In 2010, there were 1,980 speech therapists working in California. In California, the largest numbers of speech therapists work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 800 speech therapists
- Orange County - 210 speech therapists
- El Dorado County - 160 speech therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of speech therapists in the state of California will grow to 3,300. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, a speech therapist earns a salary of $45,400 per year in California state. The counties in California with the highest average salary for a speech therapist are:
- San Benito County - $76,040 per year
- Alameda County - $63,820 per year
- San Diego County - $57,850 per year
The California counties with the lowest average salary for speech therapists are:
- Riverside County - $36,300 per year
- Orange County - $39,320 per year
- Los Angeles County - $42,980 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in speech therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as speech therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Speech Therapy in California
- Bachelor's Degree in Speech Therapy in California
- Master's Degree in Speech Therapy in California
- Doctoral Degree in Speech Therapy in California
- Certificate in Speech Therapy in California
Curious what studying Speech Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are speech therapy related jobs in California