There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in California!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in California
Each year, roughly 0.1% of California students graduate with certificates in surgical technology. That means an estimated 893 surgical technologists graduate from California's 27 surgical technologist schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a surgical technologist program is American Career College. American Career College, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Los Angeles. 53 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from American Career College in 2010.
American Career College, which is located in Anaheim, is the second-ranked school in California that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 38 students graduated from American Career College surgical technologist program.
The third-ranked school in California with a surgical technologist program is Concorde Career Colleges, which is located in San Diego. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, Concorde Career Colleges graduated 31 students from its surgical technologist programs. Concorde Career Colleges charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a California surgical technologist school, average tuition will be $1,754 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $658 per year to $16,853 per year. The California surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest College-Reseda - located in Reseda, students are charged $16,853 per year
- San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno - located in Fresno, students are charged $13,418 per year
- San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield - located in Bakersfield, students are charged $13,418 per year
The surgical technologist schools in California that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Fresno City College - located in Fresno, students are charged $658 per year
- MiraCosta College - located in Oceanside, students are charged $668 per year
- Las Positas College - located in Livermore, students are charged $754 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a California school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in California go on to work as a surgical technologist. California had 9,110 surgical technologists in 2010. In California, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 2,700 surgical technologists
- Orange County - 860 surgical technologists
- San Diego County - 770 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in California will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 11,500 surgical technologists working in California.
On average, surgical technologists earn $48,820 per year. However, this number is only an average. surgical technologists in California had varying salaries from $23,510 to $82,530 per year in 2010. The counties in California with the highest average salary for a surgical technologist are:
- San Benito County - $61,850 per year
- Marin County - $58,320 per year
- Alameda County - $57,380 per year
The following counties in California have the lowest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Kings County - $39,460 per year
- Kern County - $40,170 per year
- San Luis Obispo County - $40,950 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional California statistics regarding a career in surgical technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in California
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in California
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in California