There are schools offering x ray technician programs in California!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in California
Each year, approximately 0.1% of California graduates receive degrees in x ray technology. That means an estimated 643 x ray technicians graduate from California's 29 x ray technician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in California that has a x ray technician program is Pima Medical Institute. Pima Medical Institute, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Chula Vista. 23 students graduated with a degree in x ray technician from Pima Medical Institute in 2010.
The second-ranked school in California with a x ray technician program is Foothill College, which is located in Los Altos. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. In 2010, Foothill College graduated 21 students from its x ray technician program. Foothill College charged in-state students $894 in tuition fees per year.
Santa Rosa Junior College, which is located in Santa Rosa, is the third-ranked school in California that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Santa Rosa Junior College x ray technician program. Santa Rosa Junior College charged in-state students $742 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at California's x ray technician schools ranges from $894 per year to $624 per year. But, the average tuition is $652 per year. In 2010, the following California x ray technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Foothill College - located in Los Altos, students are charged $894 per year
- Moorpark College - located in Moorpark, students are charged $818 per year
- Santa Barbara City College - located in Santa Barbara, students are charged $814 per year
The lowest tuition rates at California x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- San Joaquin Delta College - located in Stockton, students are charged $624 per year
- Crafton Hills College - located in Yucaipa, students are charged $651 per year
- Cypress College - located in Cypress, students are charged $656 per year
A x ray technician degree from a California school... what next?
A large number of California x ray technician graduates become x ray technicians. In 2010, there were 16,350 x ray technicians working in California. In California, the largest numbers of x ray technicians work in the following counties:
- Los Angeles County - 4,290 x ray technicians
- Orange County - 1,580 x ray technicians
- San Diego County - 1,470 x ray technicians
The government projects that the number of x ray technicians in California will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 19,400 x ray technicians working in California.
A x ray technician in California earns $66,040 per year on average. A x ray technician in the following California counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- San Benito County - $82,200 per year
- Alameda County - $77,150 per year
- Napa County - $76,720 per year
A x ray technician in the following counties in California make the lowest salaries on average:
- Imperial County - $51,930 per year
- Shasta County - $54,150 per year
- Ventura County - $59,100 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional California statistics regarding a career in x ray technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in California
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in California
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in California
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in California
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||15,870||$62,590|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in California