There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Colorado!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Colorado
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in New Mexico
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in South Dakota
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Nebraska
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Kansas
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Utah
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Wyoming
- See All Schools in Colorado
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.3% of Colorado's graduates graduate from early childhood education degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 456 early childhood education professionals graduate from Colorado's 18 early childhood education schools.
The top-ranked school in Colorado that has a early childhood education program is University of Colorado Denver. University of Colorado Denver, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Denver. 22 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from University of Colorado Denver in 2010. Students at University of Colorado Denver paid $7,214 per year in tuition fees.
Colorado Christian University, which was ranked 74th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Colorado that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Denver. In 2010, Colorado Christian University graduated 7 students from its early childhood education program. Students at Colorado Christian University paid $22,040 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Colorado that has a early childhood education program is Naropa University. Naropa University, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Boulder. 6 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Naropa University in 2010. Tuition at Naropa University was $25,100 per year.
If you choose to attend a Colorado early childhood education school, average tuition will be $5,523 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,650 per year to $25,100 per year. The Colorado early childhood education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Naropa University - located in Boulder, students are charged $25,100 per year
- Colorado Christian University - located in Denver, students are charged $22,040 per year
- University of Phoenix-Colorado Campus - located in Littleton, students are charged $10,120 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Colorado early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Colorado Mountain College - located in Glenwood Springs, students are charged $1,650 per year
- Aims Community College - located in Greeley, students are charged $2,068 per year
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Colorado school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs early childhood education graduates in Colorado pursue include kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. 32,500 early childhood education professionals were working in Colorado in 2010. Of these, 5,620 were preschool teachers. In addition, 3,140 were kindergarten teachers, and 23,120 were elementary school teachers. The following counties have the largest number of Colorado early childhood education professionals:
- Adams County - 14,830 early childhood education professionals
- El Paso County - 4,800 early childhood education professionals
- Boulder County - 2,510 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that the number of early childhood education professionals in Colorado will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 35,450 early childhood education professionals working in Colorado. The greatest growth for early childhood education professional is predicted to be amongst Kindergarten Teachers, who are expected to increase by 16% by 2018.
early childhood education professionals in Colorado make an average of $42,215 per year. In 2010, however, some Colorado early childhood education professional earned as little as less than $15,660 per year or as much as more than $73,750 per year. Early childhood education professionals in the following Colorado counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Boulder County - $46,375 per year
- Adams County - $43,645 per year
- Chaffee County - $42,915 per year
The following counties in Colorado have the lowest average salaries for early childhood education professional:
- Mesa County - $27,710 per year
- Pueblo County - $33,285 per year
- Alamosa County - $35,673 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Colorado were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $49,150 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $47,660 per year
- Preschool Director - $40,570 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Colorado were:
- Preschool Director - $40,570 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $31,480 per year
For more data regarding a career in early childhood education in Colorado and to compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or , take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Colorado
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Colorado
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Colorado
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Colorado
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|7,018 miles from location||University of Colorado Denver||Denver||CO||28.3942||41%||23,715|
|7,019 miles from location||Front Range Community College||Westminster||CO||13.185||n/a||18,713|
|7,019 miles from location||Pikes Peak Community College||Colorado Springs||CO||12.8957||n/a||13,572|
|7,019 miles from location||Community College of Denver||Denver||CO||9.24406||n/a||10,918|
|7,022 miles from location||Arapahoe Community College||Littleton||CO||10.5442||n/a||9,969|
|7,027 miles from location||Red Rocks Community College||Denver||CO||12.8922||n/a||9,143|
|7,016 miles from location||Pueblo Community College||Pueblo||CO||11.594||n/a||6,592|
|7,009 miles from location||Community College of Aurora||Aurora||CO||10.8221||n/a||6,293|
|7,143 miles from location||Colorado Mountain College||Glenwood Springs||CO||16.5604||n/a||5,741|
|6,999 miles from location||Aims Community College||Greeley||CO||16.8194||n/a||5,510|
|7,024 miles from location||Colorado Christian University||Denver||CO||26.2601||50%||2,511|
|6,915 miles from location||Northeastern Junior College||Sterling||CO||18.6572||n/a||2,497|
|7,014 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Colorado Campus||Littleton||CO||9.20591||n/a||2,263|
|7,022 miles from location||Trinidad State Junior College||Trinidad||CO||21.1619||n/a||1,812|
|6,961 miles from location||Otero Junior College||La Junta||CO||19.2583||n/a||1,660|
|7,212 miles from location||Colorado Northwestern Community College||Rangely||CO||17.2141||n/a||1,375|
|7,030 miles from location||Naropa University||Boulder||CO||22.8946||39%||1,073|
|7,014 miles from location||Montessori Casa International||Englewood||CO||5.20613||n/a||18|
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education +||23,120||$49,150||1.3%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education +||5,620||$31,480||-2.1%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education +||3,140||$47,660||27.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program +||620||$40,570||-10.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Colorado