There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Colorado!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Colorado
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Colorado receive graphic design degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 249 graphic designers graduate from Colorado's 13 graphic design schools.
The top-ranked school in Colorado with a graphic design program is University of Denver, which is located in Denver. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 8 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from University of Denver in 2010. Students at University of Denver paid $36,501 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Colorado that has a graphic design program is Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design. Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Denver. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design graphic design program. The tuition rate at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design was $26,832 per year.
The third-ranked school in Colorado with a graphic design program is Colorado Technical University, which is located in Englewood. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Colorado Technical University graphic design program. Students at Colorado Technical University paid $10,660 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Colorado's graphic design schools ranges from $36,501 per year to $1,650 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,732 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Colorado graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $36,501 per year
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design - located in Denver, students are charged $26,832 per year
- College America-Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $22,536 per year
The following Colorado graphic design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Colorado Mountain College - located in Glenwood Springs, students are charged $1,650 per year
- Arapahoe Community College - located in Littleton, students are charged $2,492 per year
- Community College of Denver - located in Denver, students are charged $2,625 per year
A graphic design degree from a Colorado school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Colorado go on to work as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Colorado, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,800 Colorado graphic designers as of 2010. The largest populations of Colorado graphic designers are working in the following counties:
- Adams County - 2,210 graphic designers
- El Paso County - 430 graphic designers
- Boulder County - 390 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Colorado will shrink by 0%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,540 graphic designers working in Colorado.
A graphic designer in Colorado earns $44,190 per year on average. But, salaries for graphic designers can vary. In 2010, graphic designers made as little as less than $18,230 per year or as much as more than $79,160 per year in Colorado. The following counties in Colorado have the highest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Eagle County - $52,070 per year
- Boulder County - $49,260 per year
- Larimer County - $48,060 per year
The following counties in Colorado have the lowest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Pueblo County - $32,300 per year
- Mesa County - $32,300 per year
- Archuleta County - $32,810 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Colorado statistics regarding a career in graphic design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Colorado
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Colorado
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Colorado
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Colorado
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Colorado
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Colorado