There are schools offering business administration degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Connecticut
Each year, roughly 3.8% of Connecticut students graduate with degrees in business administration. In other words, every year an estimated 3,136 general managers graduate from Connecticut's 22 business administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a business administration program is Yale University. Yale University, which was ranked 2nd in the country in 2010, is located in New Haven. 226 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Yale University in 2010. The tuition rate at Yale University was $38,300 per year.
University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 472 students graduated with degree in business administration from University of Connecticut in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a business administration program is Fairfield University. Fairfield University, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Fairfield. In 2010, 75 students graduated from Fairfield University business administration program. The tuition rate at Fairfield University was $39,040 per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut business administration school, average tuition will be $18,790 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,000 per year to $39,040 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
- Yale University - located in New Haven, students are charged $38,300 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
The following Connecticut business administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- United States Coast Guard Academy - located in New London, students are charged $3,000 per year
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
A business administration degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Connecticut pursue careers as a general manager. 29,080 general managers were working in Connecticut in 2010. The largest populations of Connecticut general managers are working in the following counties:
- Fairfield County - 11,310 general managers
- Hartford County - 10,440 general managers
- Middlesex County - 3,480 general managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 29,240 general managers will be working in Connecticut state. This would require the number of general managers to shrink by -6%.
A general manager in Connecticut earns $139,080 per year on average. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Fairfield County - $150,005 per year
- Middlesex County - $132,300 per year
- Hartford County - $130,180 per year
A general manager in the following counties in Connecticut make the lowest salaries on average:
- Windham County - $98,260 per year
- New London County - $113,180 per year
- Litchfield County - $117,695 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Connecticut
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||29,080||$139,080||42.9%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,940||$84,240||15.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Connecticut