There are schools offering business degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Connecticut
The top-ranked school in Connecticut with a business program is Yale University, which is located in New Haven. In 2010, it was ranked 2nd nationwide. In 2010, Yale University graduated 226 students from its business program. The tuition rate at Yale University was $38,300 per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut with a business program is University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, 1,024 students graduated from University of Connecticut business program. University of Connecticut charged in-state students $10,416 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut with a business program is Fairfield University, which is located in Fairfield. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. In 2010, 350 students graduated from Fairfield University business program. Tuition at Fairfield University was $39,040 per year.
Business schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $13,506 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,040 per year, or as little as $3,000 per year. The Connecticut business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
- Yale University - located in New Haven, students are charged $38,300 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- United States Coast Guard Academy - located in New London, students are charged $3,000 per year
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
A business degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs business graduates in Connecticut pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. 93,500 business professionals were working in Connecticut in 2010. Of these, 8,730 were business analysts. In addition, 3,190 were chief executive officers, and 29,080 were operations managers. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Hartford County - 36,670 business professionals
- Fairfield County - 35,080 business professionals
- Middlesex County - 10,770 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 102,830 business professionals will be working in Connecticut. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 8%.
business professionals in Connecticut make an average of $100,158 per year. In 2010, however, some Connecticut business professional earned as little as less than $23,710 per year or as much as more than $165,260 per year. Business professionals in the following Connecticut counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Fairfield County - $106,979 per year
- Middlesex County - $97,727 per year
- Windham County - $96,550 per year
The Connecticut counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- New London County - $88,394 per year
- Hartford County - $90,796 per year
- Litchfield County - $93,727 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $201,430 per year
- Operations Manager - $139,080 per year
- Business Professor - $128,010 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Cost Estimator - $69,350 per year
- Credit Counselor - $52,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in business in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Business in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Connecticut
- Certificate in Business in Connecticut
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||29,080||$139,080||42.9%|
|Accountants and Auditors||14,880||$73,250||-17.2%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,940||$84,240||15.9%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||3,210||$119,770||87.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,810||$128,010||123.5%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,500||$109,960|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Connecticut