There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Connecticut
University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, University of Connecticut graduated 73 students from its civil engineering program. Tuition at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
Central Connecticut State University, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a civil engineering program. It is located in New Britain. 10 students graduated with degree in civil engineering from Central Connecticut State University in 2010. Tuition at Central Connecticut State University was $7,861 per year.
University of New Haven, which is located in West Haven, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 41st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 9 students graduated from University of New Haven civil engineering program. Tuition at University of New Haven was $30,750 per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut civil engineering school, average tuition will be $14,211 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,000 per year to $30,750 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
- University of Hartford - located in W Hartford, students are charged $29,852 per year
- University of Connecticut - located in Storrs Mansfield, students are charged $10,416 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Connecticut civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- United States Coast Guard Academy - located in New London, students are charged $3,000 per year
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
A large number of Connecticut civil engineering graduates become civil engineers. 2,920 civil engineers were working in Connecticut in 2010. The largest populations of Connecticut civil engineers are working in the following counties:
- Hartford County - 1,510 civil engineers
- Middlesex County - 550 civil engineers
- Fairfield County - 500 civil engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,280 civil engineers will be working in Connecticut state. This would require the number of civil engineers to grow by 11%.
A civil engineer in Connecticut makes an average of $81,110 per year. However, Connecticut civil engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $45,310 per year to more than $123,910 per year in 2010. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for civil engineers:
- New London County - $88,420 per year
- Hartford County - $82,800 per year
- Litchfield County - $80,570 per year
The Connecticut counties with the lowest average salary for civil engineers are:
- Fairfield County - $77,035 per year
- Middlesex County - $77,400 per year
- Litchfield County - $80,570 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in civil engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Connecticut
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||690||$55,320||-35.5%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||540||$61,420||8.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Connecticut