There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Connecticut
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Connecticut graduates receive degrees in early childhood education. In other words, every year an estimated 81 early childhood education professionals graduate from Connecticut's 7 early childhood education schools.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a early childhood education program is Central Connecticut State University. Central Connecticut State University, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in New Britain. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Central Connecticut State University's early childhood education program. Tuition at Central Connecticut State University was $7,861 per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut with a early childhood education program is Post University, which is located in Waterbury. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. Post University charged in-state students $25,050 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a early childhood education program is University of Hartford. University of Hartford, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in W Hartford. 32 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from University of Hartford in 2010. Students at University of Hartford paid $29,852 per year in tuition fees.
Early childhood education schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $20,721 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,852 per year, or as little as $7,861 per year. The Connecticut early childhood education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Hartford - located in W Hartford, students are charged $29,852 per year
- Saint Joseph College - located in W Hartford, students are charged $28,530 per year
- Mitchell College - located in New London, students are charged $26,907 per year
The early childhood education schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- Eastern Connecticut State University - located in Willimantic, students are charged $8,350 per year
- Goodwin College - located in East Hartford, students are charged $18,500 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director are the professions of choice for a majority of early childhood education graduates in Connecticut. Connecticut had 27,090 early childhood education professionals in 2010. 6,630 of these early childhood education professionals were preschool teachers, 1,800 were kindergarten teachers, and 17,770 were elementary school teachers. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Hartford County - 8,390 early childhood education professionals
- Fairfield County - 8,210 early childhood education professionals
- Middlesex County - 4,230 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that the number of early childhood education professionals in Connecticut will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 32,400 early childhood education professionals working in Connecticut. The greatest growth for early childhood education professional is predicted to be amongst Preschool Teachers, who are expected to increase by 19% by 2018.
early childhood education professionals in Connecticut earn $53,005 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Early childhood education professional in Connecticut had varying salaries from $18,110 to $110,820 per year in 2010. The counties in Connecticut with the highest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Windham County - $57,940 per year
- Litchfield County - $53,040 per year
- Fairfield County - $52,853 per year
On average, early childhood education professionals earn the least in the following Connecticut counties:
- New London County - $50,600 per year
- Hartford County - $52,370 per year
- Middlesex County - $52,630 per year
On average, the highest paid early childhood education professionals in Connecticut were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $66,500 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $62,190 per year
- Preschool Director - $53,250 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Preschool Director - $53,250 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $30,080 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Connecticut
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||17,770||$66,500||-15.4%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||6,630||$30,080||11.8%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||1,800||$62,190||-9.1%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||890||$53,250||4.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Connecticut