There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Connecticut
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Connecticut graduates receive degrees in healthcare administration. Thus, Connecticut's 7 healthcare administration schools put out approximately 104 healthcare administrators each year.
University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 27 students graduated with a degree in healthcare administration from University of Connecticut in 2010. Tuition at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a healthcare administration program is University of New Haven. University of New Haven, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in West Haven. In 2010, University of New Haven graduated 31 students from its healthcare administration program. University of New Haven charged in-state students $30,750 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut with a healthcare administration program is Western Connecticut State University, which is located in Danbury. In 2010, it was ranked 44th nationwide. 10 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Western Connecticut State University in 2010. Students at Western Connecticut State University paid $7,909 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Connecticut's healthcare administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,790 per year, though tuition can range from $30,750 per year to $3,386 per year. The Connecticut healthcare administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
- St Vincent's College - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $14,060 per year
- University of Phoenix-Fairfield County Campus - located in Norwalk, students are charged $12,600 per year
The following Connecticut healthcare administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Norwalk Community College - located in Norwalk, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College - located in Winsted, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Western Connecticut State University - located in Danbury, students are charged $7,909 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare administration graduates in Connecticut pursue careers as a healthcare administrator. Connecticut had 4,700 healthcare administrators in 2010. In Connecticut, the largest numbers of healthcare administrators work in the following counties:
- Hartford County - 1,870 healthcare administrators
- Fairfield County - 1,050 healthcare administrators
- Middlesex County - 930 healthcare administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,120 healthcare administrators will be working in Connecticut state. This would require the number of healthcare administrators to grow by 7%.
A healthcare administrator in Connecticut earns $107,380 per year on average. However, Connecticut healthcare administrators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $44,550 per year to more than $144,650 per year in 2010. A healthcare administrator in the following Connecticut counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Middlesex County - $115,900 per year
- Hartford County - $114,200 per year
- New London County - $108,380 per year
A healthcare administrator in the following counties in Connecticut make the lowest salaries on average:
- Windham County - $77,920 per year
- Fairfield County - $94,940 per year
- Litchfield County - $101,900 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Connecticut
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Connecticut
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,316 miles from location||University of Connecticut||Storrs Mansfield||CT||81.1342||29%||25,029|
|5,368 miles from location||Norwalk Community College||Norwalk||CT||9.78902||n/a||6,685|
|5,371 miles from location||Western Connecticut State University||Danbury||CT||56.3583||39%||6,617|
|5,345 miles from location||University of New Haven||West Haven||CT||58.8755||34%||5,770|
|5,359 miles from location||Northwestern Connecticut Community College||Winsted||CT||8.5783||n/a||1,711|
|5,356 miles from location||St Vincent's College||Bridgeport||CT||22.0815||82%||531|
|5,367 miles from location||University of Phoenix-Fairfield County Campus||Norwalk||CT||4.81242||n/a||60|
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers +||4,700||$107,380||37.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Connecticut