There are schools offering homeland security degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Homeland Security Programs in Connecticut
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.0% of Connecticut's graduates graduate from homeland security degree programs every year. That means an estimated 7 homeland security professionals graduate from Connecticut's 7 homeland security schools each year.
University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a homeland security program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with a degree in homeland security from University of Connecticut in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
University of New Haven, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a homeland security program. It is located in West Haven. In 2010, 6 students graduated from University of New Haven homeland security program. Students at University of New Haven paid $30,750 per year in tuition fees.
Southern Connecticut State University, which is located in New Haven, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a homeland security program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. 0 students graduated with degree in homeland security from Southern Connecticut State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Southern Connecticut State University was $8,050 per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut homeland security school, average tuition will be $17,593 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $8,050 per year to $30,750 per year. In 2010, the following Connecticut homeland security schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
- Saint Joseph College - located in W Hartford, students are charged $28,530 per year
- Mitchell College - located in New London, students are charged $26,907 per year
The homeland security schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Southern Connecticut State University - located in New Haven, students are charged $8,050 per year
- University of Connecticut - located in Storrs Mansfield, students are charged $10,416 per year
- Goodwin College - located in East Hartford, students are charged $18,500 per year
A homeland security degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Fbi special agent, security officer, and geospatial intelligence analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of homeland security graduates in Connecticut. Connecticut had 12,760 homeland security professionals in 2010. 620 of these homeland security professionals were transportation security officers, 1,050 were fbi special agents, and 10,930 were security officers. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of homeland security professional are:
- Hartford County - 4,460 homeland security professionals
- Fairfield County - 4,100 homeland security professionals
- New London County - 1,640 homeland security professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of homeland security professionals in the state of Connecticut will grow to 12,940. This would require a 1% growth in the field.
On average, homeland security professionals earn $68,793 per year. However, this number is only an average. Homeland security professional in Connecticut had varying salaries from $16,790 to $134,550 per year in 2010. The counties in Connecticut with the highest average salary for homeland security professionals are:
- New London County - $68,125 per year
- Hartford County - $67,643 per year
- Middlesex County - $55,083 per year
The Connecticut counties with the lowest average salary for homeland security professionals are:
- Litchfield County - $28,435 per year
- Windham County - $40,940 per year
- Fairfield County - $45,043 per year
The homeland security professionals with highest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst - $125,270 per year
- Fbi Special Agent - $76,970 per year
- Transportation Security Officer - $43,240 per year
On average, the lowest paid homeland security professionals in Connecticut were:
- Transportation Security Officer - $43,240 per year
- Security Officer - $29,690 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in homeland security and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as crime scene investigation or homeland security.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Homeland Security in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Homeland Security in Connecticut
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,316 miles from location||University of Connecticut||Storrs Mansfield||CT||81.1342||29%||25,029|
|5,345 miles from location||Southern Connecticut State University||New Haven||CT||26.7526||31%||11,815|
|5,345 miles from location||University of New Haven||West Haven||CT||58.8755||34%||5,770|
|5,334 miles from location||Goodwin College||East Hartford||CT||13.58||n/a||2,083|
|5,341 miles from location||Charter Oak State College||New Britain||CT||0.248495||n/a||2,079|
|5,340 miles from location||Saint Joseph College||W Hartford||CT||22.9571||19%||1,935|
|5,301 miles from location||Mitchell College||New London||CT||15.4544||n/a||961|
Curious what studying Homeland Security gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Security Guards +||10,930||$29,690||-9.6%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators +||1,050||$76,970||-5.4%|
|Protective Service Workers, All Other +||620||$43,240||-27.1%|
|Physical Scientists, All Other +||160||$125,270||77.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are homeland security related jobs in Connecticut