There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Connecticut
Your Favorite Schools
Around 0.1% of Connecticut's graduates graduate from hospitality degree programs every year. That means an estimated 62 hospitality professionals graduate from Connecticut's 7 hospitality schools each year.
Central Connecticut State University, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a hospitality program. It is located in New Britain. In 2010, 29 students graduated from Central Connecticut State University's hospitality program. Tuition at Central Connecticut State University was $7,861 per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut with a hospitality program is University of New Haven, which is located in West Haven. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. 3 students graduated with degree in hospitality from University of New Haven in 2010. University of New Haven charged in-state students $30,750 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a hospitality program is Lincoln College of New England-Suffield. Lincoln College of New England-Suffield, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Suffield. 21 students graduated with degree in hospitality from Lincoln College of New England-Suffield in 2010. The tuition rate at Lincoln College of New England-Suffield was $18,550 per year.
Hospitality schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $12,980 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,750 per year, or as little as $3,386 per year. The Connecticut hospitality schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of New Haven - located in West Haven, students are charged $30,750 per year
- Mitchell College - located in New London, students are charged $26,907 per year
- Lincoln College of New England-Suffield - located in Suffield, students are charged $18,550 per year
The following Connecticut hospitality schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Manchester Community College - located in Manchester, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
A hospitality degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Many Connecticut hospitality graduates become a restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. In 2010, there were 22,400 hospitality professional working in Connecticut, including 290 hotel managers, 2,500 restaurant managers, and 1,790 sous chefs. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of hospitality professional are:
- Hartford County - 6,690 hospitality professionals
- Fairfield County - 5,770 hospitality professionals
- New London County - 3,370 hospitality professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of hospitality professionals is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 28,940 hospitality professionals working in Connecticut then. Of these 28,940 hospitality professionals, the government predicts that 670 will be hotel managers, 5,190 will be restaurant managers, and 1,750 will be sous chefs.
On average, hospitality professionals earn a salary of $38,040 per year in Connecticut state. However, this number is only an average. Hospitality professional in Connecticut had varying salaries from $17,350 to $107,570 per year in 2010. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for hospitality professionals:
- Middlesex County - $40,983 per year
- New London County - $38,973 per year
- Fairfield County - $36,953 per year
The following counties in Connecticut have the lowest average salaries for hospitality professional:
- Windham County - $28,033 per year
- Litchfield County - $34,133 per year
- Hartford County - $36,427 per year
The hospitality professionals with highest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Sous Chef - $54,870 per year
- Restaurant Manager - $52,300 per year
- Hotel Manager - $51,620 per year
The hospitality professionals with lowest average salaries in Connecticut were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $25,530 per year
- Pizza Maker - $20,630 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in hospitality. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Connecticut
- Certificate in Hospitality in Connecticut
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,341 miles from location||Central Connecticut State University||New Britain||CT||61.3421||35%||12,461|
|5,333 miles from location||Manchester Community College||Manchester||CT||9.89282||n/a||7,366|
|5,345 miles from location||University of New Haven||West Haven||CT||58.8755||34%||5,770|
|5,305 miles from location||Three Rivers Community College||Norwich||CT||9.14921||n/a||4,561|
|5,301 miles from location||Mitchell College||New London||CT||15.4544||n/a||961|
|5,357 miles from location||Butler Business School Inc||Bridgeport||CT||21.6736||n/a||296|
|5,338 miles from location||Lincoln College of New England-Suffield||Suffield||CT||30.386||68%||98|
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Restaurant +||8,020||$28,110||25.7%|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria +||4,240||$33,220||-6.4%|
|Cooks, Fast Food +||3,930||$20,630||-20.3%|
|Food Service Managers +||2,500||$52,300||4.6%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks +||1,790||$54,870||-25.1%|
|Cooks, Short Order +||1,630||$25,530||-21.6%|
|Lodging Managers +||290||$51,620||-14.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Connecticut