There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Connecticut
Approximately 2.0% of graduates in of Connecticut receive medical assisting certificates every year. Thus, Connecticut's 23 medical assistant schools put out approximately 1,659 medical assistants each year.
Yale University, which is located in New Haven, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 2nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Yale University's medical assistant program. Tuition at Yale University was $38,300 per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a medical assistant program is Quinnipiac University. Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Hamden. In 2010, Quinnipiac University graduated 44 students from its medical assistant program. Tuition at Quinnipiac University was $34,250 per year.
University of Bridgeport, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Bridgeport. Tuition at University of Bridgeport was $26,370 per year.
Medical assistant schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $9,657 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $38,300 per year, or as little as $3,406 per year. In 2010, the medical assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Yale University - located in New Haven, students are charged $38,300 per year
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- University of Bridgeport - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $26,370 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College - located in Winsted, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Capital Community College - located in Hartford, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Quinebaug Valley Community College - located in Danielson, students are charged $3,406 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Connecticut school... what next?
A large number of Connecticut medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. 5,940 medical assistants were working in Connecticut in 2010. The Connecticut counties with the largest populations of medical assistants are:
- Hartford County - 2,140 medical assistants
- Fairfield County - 1,750 medical assistants
- Middlesex County - 870 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of Connecticut will grow to 7,550. This would require a 17% growth in the profession.
On average, a medical assistant earns a salary of $34,290 per year in Connecticut state. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $21,540 per year or as much as more than $48,820 per year in Connecticut. On average a medical assistant earns the most in the following Connecticut counties:
- Fairfield County - $34,870 per year
- Middlesex County - $34,490 per year
- Litchfield County - $34,275 per year
The Connecticut counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Windham County - $32,770 per year
- Hartford County - $33,470 per year
- New London County - $33,820 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Connecticut
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Connecticut
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Connecticut