There are schools offering personal training certifications in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Connecticut
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Connecticut receive personal training degrees every year. That means an estimated 108 personal trainers graduate from Connecticut's 6 personal training schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut with a personal training program is University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. 12 students graduated with a degree in personal training from University of Connecticut in 2010. University of Connecticut charged in-state students $10,416 in tuition fees per year.
Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a personal training program. It is located in Hamden. 17 students graduated with degree in personal training from Quinnipiac University in 2010. Students at Quinnipiac University paid $34,250 per year in tuition fees.
Central Connecticut State University, which is located in New Britain, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. 9 students graduated with degree in personal training from Central Connecticut State University in 2010. Central Connecticut State University charged in-state students $7,861 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Connecticut's personal training schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $19,821 per year, though tuition can range from $34,250 per year to $7,861 per year. The Connecticut personal training schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- Sacred Heart University - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $31,440 per year
- Mitchell College - located in New London, students are charged $26,907 per year
The personal training schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- Southern Connecticut State University - located in New Haven, students are charged $8,050 per year
- University of Connecticut - located in Storrs Mansfield, students are charged $10,416 per year
A personal training degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Connecticut go on to work as a personal trainer. 3,690 personal trainers were working in Connecticut in 2010. In Connecticut, the largest numbers of personal trainers work in the following counties:
- Fairfield County - 1,790 personal trainers
- Hartford County - 1,090 personal trainers
- Middlesex County - 340 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Connecticut will grow to 5,100. This would require a 26% growth in the profession.
On average, personal trainers earn $41,420 per year. However, Connecticut personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,180 per year to more than $99,930 per year in 2010. On average a personal trainer earns the most in the following Connecticut counties:
- Fairfield County - $44,145 per year
- Litchfield County - $44,065 per year
- Middlesex County - $42,490 per year
The Connecticut counties with the lowest average salary for personal trainers are:
- New London County - $33,890 per year
- Hartford County - $35,170 per year
- Middlesex County - $42,490 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Connecticut
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||3,690||$41,420||7.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Connecticut