There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Connecticut
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Connecticut receive radiology degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 223 radiology technicians graduate from Connecticut's 9 radiology technician schools.
Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Hamden. 43 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from Quinnipiac University in 2010. Quinnipiac University charged in-state students $34,250 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a radiology technician program is Windham Memorial Hospital-Radiologic Technology Program. Windham Memorial Hospital-Radiologic Technology Program, which was ranked 58th in the country in 2010, is located in Willimantic. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Windham Memorial Hospital-Radiologic Technology Program radiology technician program.
The third-ranked school in Connecticut with a radiology technician program is University of Hartford, which is located in W Hartford. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 65 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from University of Hartford in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Hartford was $29,852 per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut radiology technician school, average tuition will be $10,575 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,386 per year to $34,250 per year. In 2010, the radiology technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- University of Hartford - located in W Hartford, students are charged $29,852 per year
- St Vincent's College - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $14,060 per year
The radiology technician schools in Connecticut that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Three Rivers Community College - located in Norwich, students are charged $3,386 per year
- Middlesex Community College - located in Middletown, students are charged $3,406 per year
- Capital Community College - located in Hartford, students are charged $3,406 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
Most people who graduate from radiology technician school in Connecticut go on to work as a radiology technician. Connecticut had 2,320 radiology technicians in 2010. In Connecticut, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Fairfield County - 720 radiology technicians
- Hartford County - 710 radiology technicians
- Middlesex County - 430 radiology technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of radiology technicians in the state of Connecticut will grow to 3,360. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
On average, a radiology technician earns a salary of $60,870 per year in Connecticut state. A radiology technician in the following Connecticut counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Hartford County - $62,350 per year
- Fairfield County - $62,090 per year
- New London County - $60,970 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following Connecticut counties:
- Litchfield County - $57,125 per year
- Middlesex County - $59,260 per year
- New London County - $60,970 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Connecticut
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Radiology in Connecticut
- Certificate in Radiology in Connecticut
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||2,430||$201,820||59.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Connecticut