There are schools offering sociology degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Connecticut
Yale University, which was ranked 2nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a sociology program. It is located in New Haven. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Yale University's sociology program. Yale University charged in-state students $38,300 in tuition fees per year.
Wesleyan University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a sociology program. It is located in Middletown. 32 students graduated with degree in sociology from Wesleyan University in 2010. Wesleyan University charged in-state students $42,084 in tuition fees per year.
University of Connecticut, which is located in Storrs Mansfield, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 129 students graduated from University of Connecticut sociology program. The tuition rate at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
If you choose to attend a Connecticut sociology school, average tuition will be $23,620 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,861 per year to $42,420 per year. The Connecticut sociology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Trinity College - located in Hartford, students are charged $42,420 per year
- Wesleyan University - located in Middletown, students are charged $42,084 per year
- Fairfield University - located in Fairfield, students are charged $39,040 per year
The sociology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- Western Connecticut State University - located in Danbury, students are charged $7,909 per year
- Southern Connecticut State University - located in New Haven, students are charged $8,050 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Connecticut statistics regarding a career in sociology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Connecticut
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Connecticut
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Connecticut
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||310||$68,350||138.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Connecticut