There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Connecticut!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Connecticut
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Connecticut students graduate with degrees in sports medicine. That means an estimated 108 sports medicine professionals graduate from Connecticut's 6 sports medicine schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Connecticut that has a sports medicine program is University of Connecticut. University of Connecticut, which was ranked 19th in the country in 2010, is located in Storrs Mansfield. 12 students graduated with a degree in sports medicine from University of Connecticut in 2010. Tuition at University of Connecticut was $10,416 per year.
The second-ranked school in Connecticut that has a sports medicine program is Quinnipiac University. Quinnipiac University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Hamden. 17 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from Quinnipiac University in 2010. Tuition at Quinnipiac University was $34,250 per year.
Central Connecticut State University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Connecticut that has a sports medicine program. It is located in New Britain. 9 students graduated with degree in sports medicine from Central Connecticut State University in 2010. Tuition at Central Connecticut State University was $7,861 per year.
Sports medicine schools in Connecticut, charge students an average tuition of $19,821 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $34,250 per year, or as little as $7,861 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Connecticut sports medicine schools were charged at the following schools:
- Quinnipiac University - located in Hamden, students are charged $34,250 per year
- Sacred Heart University - located in Bridgeport, students are charged $31,440 per year
- Mitchell College - located in New London, students are charged $26,907 per year
The sports medicine schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Connecticut were:
- Central Connecticut State University - located in New Britain, students are charged $7,861 per year
- Southern Connecticut State University - located in New Haven, students are charged $8,050 per year
- University of Connecticut - located in Storrs Mansfield, students are charged $10,416 per year
A sports medicine degree from a Connecticut school... what next?
sports medicine graduates in Connecticut can go into a variety of professions such as sports medicine coordinator , coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. In 2010, there were 9,900 sports medicine professional working in Connecticut, including 2,430 sports medicine physicians, 370 sports medicine coordinator s, and 3,240 coaches. The largest populations of Connecticut sports medicine professional are working in the following counties:
- Hartford County - 3,020 sports medicine professionals
- Fairfield County - 2,560 sports medicine professionals
- Middlesex County - 2,060 sports medicine professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of sports medicine professionals in the state of Connecticut will grow to 9,340. This would require a 21% growth in the field.
On average, sports medicine professionals earn $86,660 per year. But, salaries for sports medicine professional can vary. In 2010, sports medicine professional made as little as less than $16,270 per year or as much as more than $136,570 per year in Connecticut. The following counties in Connecticut have the highest average salaries for sports medicine professionals:
- New London County - $95,875 per year
- Litchfield County - $95,579 per year
- Fairfield County - $94,940 per year
On average, sports medicine professionals earn the least in the following Connecticut counties:
- Windham County - $63,615 per year
- Hartford County - $81,396 per year
- Middlesex County - $82,806 per year
On average, the highest paid sports medicine professionals in Connecticut were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $201,820 per year
- Physical Therapist - $81,790 per year
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $56,420 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in Connecticut were:
- Physical Therapist Assistant - $56,180 per year
- Coach - $37,090 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports medicine in Connecticut and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Connecticut
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Connecticut
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Coaches and Scouts||3,240||$37,090||67.9%|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||2,430||$201,820||59.9%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||440||$56,180||2.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Connecticut