There are schools offering beauty programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Florida
Keiser Career College-Jacksonville, which was ranked 55th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a beauty program. It is located in Jacksonville. 13 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Keiser Career College-Jacksonville in 2010. Tuition at Keiser Career College-Jacksonville was $14,176 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a beauty program is Nouvelle Institute, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 59th nationwide. In 2010, Nouvelle Institute graduated 28 students from its beauty program.
The third-ranked school in Florida that has a beauty program is Aveda Institute-Tallahassee. Aveda Institute-Tallahassee, which was ranked 63rd in the country in 2010, is located in Tallahassee. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Aveda Institute-Tallahassee beauty program. Aveda Institute-Tallahassee charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida beauty school, average tuition will be $1,592 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $17,536 per year. In 2010, the beauty schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Lincoln College of Technology - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $17,536 per year
- Fortis College - located in Tampa, students are charged $17,023 per year
- Florida Career College - located in Clearwater, students are charged $16,744 per year
The beauty schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- College of Central Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $2,190 per year
A beauty certificate from a Florida school... what next?
beauty graduates in Florida can go into a variety of professions such as barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. 40,000 beauty professionals were working in Florida in 2010. Of these, 21,050 were hairdressers. In addition, were barbers, and 2,360 were estheticians. In Florida, the largest numbers of beauty professional work in the following counties:
- Lake County - 5,850 beauty professionals
- Hernando County - 5,770 beauty professionals
- Miami-Dade County - 5,590 beauty professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 62,630 beauty professionals will be working in Florida. This would require the number of beauty professional to grow by 8%.
beauty professionals in Florida earn $32,788 per year on average. But, salaries for beauty professional can vary. In 2010, beauty professional made as little as less than $15,410 per year or as much as more than $90,470 per year in Florida. On average beauty professional earn the most in the following Florida counties:
- Martin County - $43,800 per year
- Escambia County - $41,240 per year
- Alachua County - $40,360 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for beauty professional:
- Flagler County - $22,900 per year
- Charlotte County - $24,510 per year
- Bay County - $27,600 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in Florida were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $51,350 per year
- Salon Manager - $39,720 per year
- Esthetician - $29,680 per year
On average, the lowest paid beauty professionals in Florida were:
- Hairdresser - $26,650 per year
- Barber - $16,540 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in beauty and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Florida
- Certificate in Beauty in Florida
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||21,050||$26,650||-1.5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||9,390||$39,720||15.2%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||7,200||$51,350||32.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Florida