There are schools offering business degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Florida
University of Miami, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a business program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, University of Miami graduated 905 students from its business program. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a business program. It is located in Orlando. In 2010, 2,490 students graduated from University of Central Florida business program. The tuition rate at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a business program is University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 1,607 students graduated with degree in business from University of South Florida-Main Campus in 2010. University of South Florida-Main Campus charged in-state students $5,198 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida business school, average tuition will be $10,002 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $37,836 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida business schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Rollins College - located in Winter Park, students are charged $37,640 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
The following Florida business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A business degree from a Florida school... what next?
business graduates in Florida can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Florida had 281,290 business professionals in 2010. 33,580 of these business professionals were business analysts, 16,050 were chief executive officers, and 61,830 were operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Florida business professionals:
- Hernando County - 50,090 business professionals
- Miami-Dade County - 38,340 business professionals
- Lake County - 37,140 business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of business professionals in the state of Florida will grow to 348,330. This would require a 8% growth in the field.
business professionals in Florida make an average of $82,523 per year. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $21,740 per year or as much as more than $165,540 per year in Florida. On average business professional earn the most in the following Florida counties:
- Collier County - $97,344 per year
- Calhoun County - $89,516 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $89,300 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following Florida counties:
- Flagler County - $62,658 per year
- Gadsden County - $72,203 per year
- Bradford County - $73,835 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Florida were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $183,390 per year
- Financial Manager - $115,470 per year
- Operations Manager - $102,280 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Florida were:
- Insurance Underwriter - $56,850 per year
- Credit Counselor - $40,230 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Florida
- Master's Degree in Business in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Florida
- Certificate in Business in Florida
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||72,330||$63,600||13.2%|
|General and Operations Managers||61,830||$102,280||7.1%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||11,430||$68,240||28.9%|
|Administrative Services Managers||9,180||$98,250||10.2%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||4,330||$86,740||46.3%|
|Human Resources Managers||2,290||$99,590|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Florida