There are schools offering computer engineering degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Computer Engineering Programs in Florida
University of Miami, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a computer engineering program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, University of Miami graduated 8 students from its computer engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a computer engineering program is University of Central Florida. University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Orlando. 74 students graduated with degree in computer engineering from University of Central Florida in 2010. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
University of South Florida-Main Campus, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a computer engineering program. It is located in Tampa. In 2010, 66 students graduated from University of South Florida-Main Campus computer engineering program. Students at University of South Florida-Main Campus paid $5,198 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's computer engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,877 per year, though tuition can range from $37,836 per year to $3,835 per year. In 2010, the following Florida computer engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Florida Institute of Technology - located in Melbourne, students are charged $32,294 per year
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach - located in Daytona Beach, students are charged $29,728 per year
The computer engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Florida Atlantic University - located in Boca Raton, students are charged $3,835 per year
- The University of West Florida - located in Pensacola, students are charged $4,154 per year
- University of Central Florida - located in Orlando, students are charged $5,021 per year
A computer engineering degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer engineering school in Florida go on to work as a computer engineer. If you decide to work as a computer engineer in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,640 Florida computer engineers as of 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of computer engineers work in the following counties:
- Brevard County - 610 computer engineers
- Lake County - 270 computer engineers
- Hernando County - 140 computer engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer engineers is expected to shrink by -7% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,660 computer engineers working in the Florida then.
A computer engineer in Florida makes an average of $85,240 per year. However, Florida computer engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $38,670 per year to more than $127,870 per year in 2010. A computer engineer in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Broward County - $98,390 per year
- Lake County - $91,370 per year
- Palm Beach County - $88,890 per year
On average, computer engineers earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Baker County - $64,000 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $69,330 per year
- Bay County - $78,950 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in computer engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as software engineering or electrical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Engineering in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering in Florida
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Engineering in Florida
- Certificate in Computer Engineering in Florida
Curious what studying Computer Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||1,640||$85,240||-50.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer engineering related jobs in Florida