There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a cosmetology program is Keiser Career College-Jacksonville, which is located in Jacksonville. In 2010, it was ranked 55th nationwide. 13 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Keiser Career College-Jacksonville in 2010. The tuition rate at Keiser Career College-Jacksonville was $14,176 per year.
Nouvelle Institute, which was ranked 59th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Nouvelle Institute cosmetology program.
Aveda Institute-Tallahassee, which was ranked 59th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Tallahassee. In 2010, Aveda Institute-Tallahassee graduated 55 students from its cosmetology programs. Tuition at Aveda Institute-Tallahassee was $0 per year.
Tuition at Florida's cosmetology schools ranges from $17,536 per year to $2,158 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,606 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lincoln College of Technology - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $17,536 per year
- Fortis College - located in Tampa, students are charged $17,023 per year
- Florida Career College - located in Clearwater, students are charged $16,744 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- College of Central Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $2,190 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida cosmetology graduates become cosmetologists. In 2010, there were 21,050 cosmetologists working in Florida. The largest populations of Florida cosmetologists are working in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 3,160 cosmetologists
- Lake County - 3,090 cosmetologists
- Palm Beach County - 2,340 cosmetologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 43,390 cosmetologists will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of cosmetologists to grow by 2%.
A cosmetologist in Florida earns $26,650 per year on average. However, Florida cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,580 per year to more than $62,470 per year in 2010. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a cosmetologist are:
- Collier County - $36,260 per year
- Palm Beach County - $32,510 per year
- Broward County - $31,280 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Bay County - $20,190 per year
- Marion County - $21,940 per year
- Okaloosa County - $21,990 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Florida
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Florida
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||21,050||$26,650||-1.5%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||3,250||$22,190||5.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Florida