There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in Florida
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Florida receive crime scene investigation degrees every year. Thus, Florida's 17 crime scene investigation schools put out approximately 452 crime scene investigators each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a crime scene investigation program is University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, 35 students graduated from University of Central Florida's crime scene investigation program. University of Central Florida charged in-state students $5,021 in tuition fees per year.
Florida International University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in Miami. 6 students graduated with degree in crime scene investigation from Florida International University in 2010. Tuition at Florida International University was $5,102 per year.
The University of Tampa, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in Tampa. In 2010, 1 students graduated from The University of Tampa crime scene investigation program. Students at The University of Tampa paid $23,218 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's crime scene investigation schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,089 per year, though tuition can range from $23,218 per year to $2,158 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida crime scene investigation schools were charged at the following schools:
- The University of Tampa - located in Tampa, students are charged $23,218 per year
- Saint Leo University - located in Saint Leo, students are charged $18,150 per year
- Everest University-Tampa - located in Tampa, students are charged $14,328 per year
The following Florida crime scene investigation schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- Tallahassee Community College - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $2,214 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida crime scene investigation graduates become crime scene investigators. If you decide to work as a crime scene investigator in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,960 Florida crime scene investigators as of 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of crime scene investigators work in the following counties:
- Broward County - 1,100 crime scene investigators
- Hernando County - 1,030 crime scene investigators
- Miami-Dade County - 1,010 crime scene investigators
The government projects that the number of crime scene investigators in Florida will grow by 9%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,260 crime scene investigators working in Florida.
On average, crime scene investigators earn $70,550 per year. However, this number is only an average. crime scene investigators in Florida had varying salaries from $34,430 to $129,860 per year in 2010. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Miami-Dade County - $90,380 per year
- Broward County - $80,170 per year
- Baker County - $75,340 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Bradford County - $44,800 per year
- Volusia County - $49,420 per year
- DeSoto County - $56,390 per year
For more data regarding a career in crime scene investigation in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Florida
- Master's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Florida
- Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation in Florida
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||6,960||$70,550||3.0%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||1,470||$47,270||0.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in Florida