There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Florida students graduate with degrees in electrical engineering. That means an estimated 550 electrical engineers graduate from Florida's 39 electrical engineering schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a electrical engineering program is University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 18 students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from University of Central Florida in 2010. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a electrical engineering program is Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Tallahassee. In 2010, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University graduated 7 students from its electrical engineering program. Students at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University paid $4,635 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Florida that has a electrical engineering program is Lee County High Tech Center North. Lee County High Tech Center North, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Cape Coral. Students at Lee County High Tech Center North paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Electrical engineering schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $6,100 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,048 per year, or as little as $2,158 per year. The Florida electrical engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute-St. Petersburg - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Jacksonville - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Fort Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Florida electrical engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- Tallahassee Community College - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $2,214 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrical engineering graduates in Florida pursue careers as an electrical engineer. 7,170 electrical engineers were working in Florida in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Florida electrical engineers:
- Hernando County - 1,490 electrical engineers
- Brevard County - 1,450 electrical engineers
- Lake County - 890 electrical engineers
The government projects that the number of electrical engineers in Florida will shrink by -4%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,250 electrical engineers working in Florida.
On average, electrical engineers earn $79,880 per year. In 2010, however, some Florida electrical engineers earned as little as less than $32,530 per year or as much as more than $132,340 per year. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for an electrical engineer are:
- Manatee County - $97,210 per year
- Lee County - $90,850 per year
- Okaloosa County - $89,040 per year
An electrical engineer in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Indian River County - $61,180 per year
- Calhoun County - $63,160 per year
- Escambia County - $65,800 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrical engineering in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Florida
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Florida
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||8,260||$52,100||-10.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Florida