There are schools offering health information programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Florida
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Florida graduates receive degrees in health information. In other words, every year an estimated 593 health information technicians graduate from Florida's 39 health information schools.
Florida Career College, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a health information program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, Florida Career College graduated 19 students from its health information program. Tuition at Florida Career College was $16,744 per year.
Medvance Institute-Miami, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a health information program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, 63 students graduated from Medvance Institute-Miami health information program.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a health information program is Fortis College, which is located in Winter Park. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, Fortis College graduated 32 students from its health information programs. Students at Fortis College paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's health information schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,049 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,158 per year. In 2010, the health information schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Tampa - located in Tampa, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Lake Mary - located in Lake Mary, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Fort Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Florida health information schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A health information degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in Florida pursue careers as a health information technician. If you decide to work as a health information technician in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,880 Florida health information technicians as of 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of health information technicians are:
- Hernando County - 1,810 health information technicians
- Miami-Dade County - 1,500 health information technicians
- Lake County - 1,460 health information technicians
The government projects that the number of health information technicians in Florida will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 12,450 health information technicians working in Florida.
A health information technician in Florida earns $33,860 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Florida health information technicians earned as little as less than $18,150 per year or as much as more than $68,310 per year. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a health information technician are:
- Broward County - $43,090 per year
- Polk County - $39,130 per year
- Okaloosa County - $39,000 per year
On average, health information technicians earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Marion County - $27,880 per year
- Charlotte County - $27,990 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $29,020 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in health information and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information in Florida
- Certificate in Health Information in Florida
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||10,880||$33,860||20.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Florida